PDA

View Full Version : Tweaked chapter, send new?

ShakaBry
12-22-2016, 03:33 AM
Good evening, if it is evening where you are,

Quick question that I should be able to answer myself but can't. An agency has requested the first 50 pages of my MS based on my query and first half of chapter one. Since I queried them, I stupidly starting futzing with chapter one. They aren't HUGE futzes, by any means, but there are three instances where I added a few lines. This doesn't change the story, but adds further description of my MC, both physical and mental, and in one instance, there is a bit of foreshadowing added. No big deal right?

Should I send the new chapter one or the old one? The better question is probably - why do I think it even matters?

Nerves, I must break you.

mayqueen
12-22-2016, 05:36 AM
I think as long as you haven't already sent materials in beyond the initial query and sample pages, it should be fine to send the new chapter. It's after you send in the partial that you don't want to be sending futzed-with chapters. :) I doubt the agent will remember your sample pages well enough to notice the difference, and if they do, the hope is that the improvement will be clear.

ShakaBry
12-22-2016, 04:40 PM
Thanks, Mayqueen. That all makes perfect sense.