Finally let someone look at my work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

technoglobe

Registered
Reaction score
Like the title says, I finally let someone look at my work. It's bad, but being afraid to put my stuff out there is what's been holding me back for years. But, I swallowed my pride and showed the first couple chapters to someone in my writer's group. It was not nearly as painful as I thought.

I feel like I ripped the band-aid off and can finally move forward. My new goal is to get my book out through a couple rounds of beta readers, and then start on a query letter by the end of 2017!

Tim Archer

Registered
Reaction score
Nice work! Submitting your brain babies for peer critique can be daunting. Good on you for taking that step.

JulianneQJohnson

Ferret Herder
Registered
Reaction score
Website
julianneqjohnson.com
You rock! We all need some crit now and then to improve our skill and find our issues. It can be hard to get used to at first, but it is so worth it!

Writer_Writerson

Registered
Reaction score
Like the title says, I finally let someone look at my work. It's bad, but being afraid to put my stuff out there is what's been holding me back for years. But, I swallowed my pride and showed the first couple chapters to someone in my writer's group. It was not nearly as painful as I thought.

I feel like I ripped the band-aid off and can finally move forward. My new goal is to get my book out through a couple rounds of beta readers, and then start on a query letter by the end of 2017!

That's so awesome! :)

You just took the first, big step towards publication!

Good luck om the next ones.

S. Eli

Custom User Title
Registered
Reaction score
This is a HUGE step, congrats! It goes by easy--eventually enough you'll be putting out works for publication!

ChipsAhoyMcCoy

ريانن ✿ &#159
Registered
Reaction score
That's awesome! As others have said, that's a huge step and required quite a bit of courage on your part. Congratulations and I hope all goes well with your betas and queries!

ChopinsMuse

Registered
Reaction score
My felicitations! You've conquered an old writer's fear. Good on you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.