Registered
Reaction score
th
I can stop any time I want.

Really, I can.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Dill pickles> Definitely. Klausen Kosher Dills, but only the whole ones.

Lays Potato Chips> Of course, the only kind I eat. Are there even others? But why are the always stale? Seriously, why are they always stale?

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I think Trader Joe's has a version of those too, and a popcorn. Just sayin'.

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
Ooooh I love these. It's got all the loveliness of salt & vinegar with a side of dill and I just kind of want to throw on a coat and walk to the store and get a bag. Office Party is bringing up all my bad cravings today.

On a tangentially related note, the only thing I miss about Eastern NC is Chip Thunder Buffalo Wing and Bleu Cheese being everywhere.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Buttermilk Bleu cheese in big chunks in sour cream, a little salt and pepper, great with potato chips.

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Pickle Potato Chips!? Ugh. Sounds... gross. XD

Pssssttttt... I like Pringles better. :p

Pickle potato chips, ugh. I agree.

Pringles are not potato chips. They are some kind of thing made from potato powder.

MM

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
*sits in the "Utz please!" corner all alone*

Cobalt Jade

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Lays is OK. Utz, OK also. The really good stuff however is the Fred Meyer brand Kettle Chips, the regular kind. Just the right combo of salt, grease, and crunchy. Back east, I used to love NY Deli chips, but I'm not sure they still make them. In the NW, Tim's Chips are very very good. Especially their
"Coney Island" which balances ketchup, hot dog, and mustard flavors. (I'm something of a potato chip connosiour.)

Boulder Creek recently came out with a seasonal Turkey & Mashed potato chip along with a pumpkin pie chip.

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score
Best price I can find is £67.25 for a pack of three. They seem expensive, can't afford that.

They sound nice but nothing beats brannigans beef and mustard, except perhaps piglets, the premier pig flavoured potato snack of the mid eighties. Sometimes I really really miss 1985.

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
I've never liked flavoured chips as well as plain chips, so you can keep your pickle chips, thank you.

But I heartily agree that Pringles are not even chips. Salted ennui-shavings, would be my best guess.

Marlys

Resist. Love. Go outside.
Registered
Reaction score
Utz now does a chip flavored like Heluva Good bacon-horseradish dip. It will never replace the actual dip + plain chips, of course, but is great for those times when it's inconvenient to carry both chips and dip, like when you're in the car or standing in line at the bank.

jennontheisland

the world is at my command
Registered
Reaction score
Are Americans just discovering dill pickle chips??

They've been in Canada forever, and we have Dill Pickle dip too...

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
Utz now does a chip flavored like Heluva Good bacon-horseradish dip. It will never replace the actual dip + plain chips, of course, but is great for those times when it's inconvenient to carry both chips and dip, like when you're in the car or standing in line at the bank.

I can never find the dip, and it's my favorite. But THIS! This might have me searching every grocery store in this city (and there are hundreds).

Marlys

Resist. Love. Go outside.
Registered
Reaction score
I can never find the dip, and it's my favorite. But THIS! This might have me searching every grocery store in this city (and there are hundreds).

Heluva Good was founded in my father's hometown of Sodus, NY. When I was a kid, they didn't distribute to where we lived, so we only got our fix of bacon-horseradishy joy if we visited our grandparents, or if my dad, a long-distance trucker, passed through western NY and brought some home to us. It still feels like a miracle that I can walk into a store and buy it almost at will (because it's frequently sold out here, too).

Tazlima

Registered
Reaction score
Pickle potato chips, ugh. I agree.

MM

What I find amusing is that "pickle" is a misnomer, as it implies the noun pickle rather than the verb. Just as people occasionally point out that "pumpkin spice" doesn't contain any pumpkin, "pickle" chips don't have any cucumber flavor, i.e. the thing that makes a pickle a pickle.

I think the name "pickle chip" sounds gross (althought it's fun to say). When I hear "dill pickle," I think cold and wet and partly crunchy/partly soggy, none of which sounds appealing in the context of chips. In actuality, they're simply salt and vineger flavor with added dill, and actually really tasty.

But my favorite chip, which I haven't seen anywhere in at least a year, are the Ruffles Buffalo Chicken flavor. Those things are amazing.

Last edited:

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just because you can...

lays-chocolate-covered-potato-chips.jpeg

...doesn't mean you should. :e2tomato:

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I don't know. Chocolate salty crunchy snacks sound good to me.

Then again, the other night I asked for green olives and saltines, to put in my ice cream. Not sure which was better; satisfying the craving, or the look of terror on hubby's face when he asked, "Are you pregnant?"

Haven't tried the pickle chips yet.
There were some fajita ones that were really good.