Christmas Goodies... (The Spin-off Thread)

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
OK, so it's just not officially Christmas to me until I get my hands on some...

*Gingerbread CoffeeMate* :snoopy:

You go next...

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
It's not officially Christmas for me until I'm yelling at the chocolate that won't melt properly and stay melted properly until I can finish dipping my truffles.

Or until I mess up the peppermint bark I make every year and still manage to mess up.

Or until I'm running out to the store because I ran out of baking chocolate.

Or until I'm scowling at my grocery bill because I bought too much chocolate.

I have problems with chocolate.

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
^ All of that is why I'm skipping chocolate things this year. (That and I kind of went shopping without a plan and kind of didn't buy chocolate.)

I guess it's not official until I've had some Trader Joe's Candy Cane Joe-Joes. And I haven't yet. They're sitting in the pantry, waiting to become crusts for my fluffy mini cheesecakes. Which I can't make until spouse-face's mom comes to visit. Which won't be until New Years.

Guess I get to skip the holiday season this year. :tongue

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score
Cheese board with cured meaty goodness and olives and capers and pickled onions and crackers.

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
It isn't officially Christmas until my Mother-In-Law makes a snide remark about my weight and my poor mothering skills.

Oh! And cordial cherries.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
We have certain cookies that have been passed down, from my grandmother to my mother, and now to my wife. I'm not gonna be able to call their names but one is like an apricot filled, folded over kind of deal. Another one is like an oatmeal, thumbprint thing filled with chocolate. But I won't see them until Christmas Eve, and that's if I'm lucky. My wife is actually very busy these days.

But I really start to feel Christmas-sy when we put up and decorate our tree. Probably sometime this week.

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
My Christmas specialty is homemade marshmallows.

I made cinnamon marshmallows last night. Tonight, I aim to make some chocolate malt marshmallows, and maybe peppermint stripe. I'm not a fan of peppermint, but everyone else seems to like it.

I'll be whipping up some salted caramels and English toffee for work gift boxes later this week.

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Cherries. I know it's Christmas when I can get cherries. Yum!

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Ha, my wife loves cherries too, and so yesterday she brought home a big box of and as I was unloading the trunk of her car and trying to make as few trips as I could, I dropped the plastic box, it opened immediately and every cherry went rolling out all over the filthy garage floor. Except for two. I dutifully presented the two cherries last standing to my wife. I'm not sure my marriage will survive it.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Ha, my wife loves cherries too, and so yesterday she brought home a big box of and as I was unloading the trunk of her car and trying to make as few trips as I could, I dropped the plastic box, it opened immediately and every cherry went rolling out all over the filthy garage floor. Except for two. I dutifully presented the two cherries last standing to my wife. I'm not sure my marriage will survive it.

Uh oh! That is not good! Mind you, I would just wash the cherries and eat them anyway because... CHERRIES!

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
hahahaha, yeah, don't think we didn't consider it. But my daughter stepped in and saved us from ourselves. "What? You can't eat them now!" Little shit. I like 'em too.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
But... WHY can't you eat them now. I mean, if you wash them off. It's not like the dirt from the garage floor is going to get beneath the skin.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's not officially Christmas until December 28 when I realize all the people I forgot to send cards to.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
But... WHY can't you eat them now. I mean, if you wash them off. It's not like the dirt from the garage floor is going to get beneath the skin.

I'm sure your right. And my wife was arguing this exact point. I dunno, probably should have. I don't mind wasting money, but I really do hate wasting food.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
I'm sure your right. And my wife was arguing this exact point. I dunno, probably should have. I don't mind wasting money, but I really do hate wasting food.

And CHERRIES! Man, that's just criminal to toss all those lovely cherries. I can't count the number of times when I was young where I dropped some food item, picked it up, brushed the dirt off, and ate it anyhow. And I'm not dead yet! :roll:

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
It is not officially Christmas until I make peanut brittle and fudge. And of course until I bit into that first Queen Anne Chocolate Covered Cherry!:hooray:

Oh, yeah. *sigh* They do have to be the Queen Anne ones. And the spouse's fudge from his grandmother's recipe. And Little Debbie Cherry Cordials. And bows of cedar throughout the house from the 40 foot cedar tree I planted when it was only 8 inches tall. I just love the smells and tastes of Christmas.

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score