PDA

View Full Version : POETRY CONTEST! Ends May 1'st, 2017.

OwenRich
12-12-2016, 06:57 PM
Hi there! Do you enjoy poetry? If so, come enter the Poetry Contest! There are no prizes for this contest although some may say there are bragging rights, and everyone is welcome. I hope to see many talented poets here. I'll include my own poem to start off the contest.

RULES:

1.) All poetry allowed with the exception of erotica (If you would like to submit erotica, find somewhere else.)
2.) No subject, which means you can write about ANYTHING you want. (Darkness, Heartbreak, Light, Nature, Etc.)
3.) No skill level required. (We urge newbies as well as veterans to join, this will be explained below.)
4.) HAVE FUN! Everyone who enjoys poetry is welcome, nobody is excluded.

This contest is to help everyone learn and grow. Veterans, please understand that everything is a learning opportunity and the newbies to poetic writing will be able to learn from your poems.
I myself will not be able to win as I am the judge of the contest. All poems are judged fairly and the winner will be announced V.I.A. the Poetry Forum and by private message.

Best of Luck to All!
-Owen.

P.S.- I encourage you to post even if you feel you aren't good enough, everyone can learn something that can help their writing become great.

- - - Updated - - -

Falling Snow

The frozen flakes
fall gently with grace-
Snow has now come
to take summer's place.

Leaves once green,
Faded to yellow, then free-
Falling slow in the chill
of the cold winter breeze.

Like snow, flying,
my heart flies on a dream-
The leaves- all fallen,
trees void of green.

Slowly flowing down,
covering the ground-
The mesmerizing snow
creates a smile from a frown.

Ambrosia
12-12-2016, 07:33 PM
Did you arrange this contest with the mods, Owen?

OwenRich
12-12-2016, 09:35 PM
I've attempted to contact the mods since the day I joined. They will not reply, therefore I took it into my own hands.This is a User-run contest.

AW Admin
12-12-2016, 09:57 PM
I've attempted to contact the mods since the day I joined. They will not reply, therefore I took it into my own hands.This is a User-run contest.

And we are so not going to do this.

OwenRich you need to get permission from the board owner to do anything like this. PM MacAllister the board owner.