• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

new to article writing, need mentor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trucking

Registered
Reaction score
Can some one give me a direction for writing articles online. How much info should I put in bio? How much is the going word rate? Any and all advice is welcome. I haven't quit my day job yet. ;)

punstress

Registered
Reaction score
As far as info in your bio, I vote for short and either witty or just to the point. One sentence. Maybe a second one that relates to the specific article at hand. I googled myself once and found some website had dissected point by point my bio on my employer's page and, although it wasn't nasty or anything, it sure was embarrassing. Luckily I am now the person in charge of updating bios. I immediately changed it to an almost-generic sentence.

I'm afraid I can't answer much about the rates or anything else because I mostly write for print.

Status
Not open for further replies.