Giveaway platform

Hockshop

Registered
Reaction score
I have been trying to give away my book, which exists in both epub and mobi formats on my desktop (created with scrivener) and which I can open with ease using iBooks, or Nook reader, or Kindle reader. However, when I send it out, I am getting responses that people can't open the files. I suspect that they are trying to read them on their phones or tablets, and have not properly copied them or do not have proper reader software, but it could be that the file attachment got screwed up in the mail, or whatever. Without having to buy the book myself and then gift it on Amazon, what suggestions does anyone have for eBook give aways?

WriterBN

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.k-doyle.com
I've never had an issue with e-mailing ePub or mobi files. Check your e-mail client settings for attachments; it could be encoding them in a weird format. It could also be that the recipients simply don't know what to do with the attached file, so you may need to give them specific instructions.

However, if you continue to have issues, you could try posting the files on a service like Dropbox and then sending the link to your readers.

Hockshop

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. I recompiled without the cover, and it appears to work now. But indeed, I may setup a Dropbox folder.