• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Accountability buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

imanibey

Registered
Reaction score
I'd like somebody to help encourage me to stick to my writing goals, and I could do the same in return. I'd also be interested in each of us reading the other's work sometime - that could be cool - though I wouldn't expect to receive or really have alot of time to give really lengthy critique.
Thanks!

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, imanibey.

Spend time browsing this enormous site and getting to know how things best work here rather than having your first post a request for a total stranger to spend time and effort on your work you apparently cannot reciprocate. Time spent browsing here is never wasted.

imanibey

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, imanibey.

Spend time browsing this enormous site and getting to know how things best work here rather than having your first post a request for a total stranger to spend time and effort on your work you apparently cannot reciprocate. Time spent browsing here is never wasted.
What are you talking about? I was saying it would go both ways, I'd help them the same way they helped me if they were interested, but wouldn't expect them to spend a huge amount of time reading / reviewing my stuff with lengthy reviews, just like I might not be able to give lengthy reviews all the time. And reading over my stuff and having me read over theirs was not a demand, I was mostly asking about exchanging accountability. I didn't ask anyone to do anything for me I wasn't prepared to do to help them. Apparently you don't read. But if that's the way you are going to be, I will not be back. Tootles.

Last edited:

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am just one of 60,000 registered members for this site. Don't deny yourself the potential benefits available here simply because you don't relate to my welcome and suggestion.

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
What are you talking about? I was saying it would go both ways, I'd help them the same way they helped me if they were interested, but wouldn't expect them to spend a huge amount of time reading / reviewing my stuff with lengthy reviews, just like I might not be able to give lengthy reviews all the time. And reading over my stuff and having me read over theirs was not a demand, I was mostly asking about exchanging accountability. I didn't ask anyone to do anything for me I wasn't prepared to do to help them. Apparently you don't read. But if that's the way you are going to be, I will not be back. Tootles.

If this is the way you treat someone gently giving you helpful and well-meaning advice... well, good luck finding accountability buddies and beta readers.

Status
Not open for further replies.