PDA

View Full Version : Accountability buddy

imanibey
11-09-2016, 10:48 AM
I'd like somebody to help encourage me to stick to my writing goals, and I could do the same in return. I'd also be interested in each of us reading the other's work sometime - that could be cool - though I wouldn't expect to receive or really have alot of time to give really lengthy critique.
Thanks!

Bufty
11-09-2016, 03:50 PM
Welcome, imanibey.

Spend time browsing this enormous site and getting to know how things best work here rather than having your first post a request for a total stranger to spend time and effort on your work you apparently cannot reciprocate. Time spent browsing here is never wasted.

imanibey
11-09-2016, 04:28 PM
Welcome, imanibey.

Spend time browsing this enormous site and getting to know how things best work here rather than having your first post a request for a total stranger to spend time and effort on your work you apparently cannot reciprocate. Time spent browsing here is never wasted.
What are you talking about? I was saying it would go both ways, I'd help them the same way they helped me if they were interested, but wouldn't expect them to spend a huge amount of time reading / reviewing my stuff with lengthy reviews, just like I might not be able to give lengthy reviews all the time. And reading over my stuff and having me read over theirs was not a demand, I was mostly asking about exchanging accountability. I didn't ask anyone to do anything for me I wasn't prepared to do to help them. Apparently you don't read. But if that's the way you are going to be, I will not be back. Tootles.

Bufty
11-09-2016, 06:16 PM
I am just one of 60,000 registered members for this site. Don't deny yourself the potential benefits available here simply because you don't relate to my welcome and suggestion.

EMaree
11-09-2016, 06:43 PM
What are you talking about? I was saying it would go both ways, I'd help them the same way they helped me if they were interested, but wouldn't expect them to spend a huge amount of time reading / reviewing my stuff with lengthy reviews, just like I might not be able to give lengthy reviews all the time. And reading over my stuff and having me read over theirs was not a demand, I was mostly asking about exchanging accountability. I didn't ask anyone to do anything for me I wasn't prepared to do to help them. Apparently you don't read. But if that's the way you are going to be, I will not be back. Tootles.

If this is the way you treat someone gently giving you helpful and well-meaning advice... well, good luck finding accountability buddies and beta readers.