• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

If you loved The Girls -- Accountable Critique Partner/Swap wanted Adult LitFic/Contemp

Status
Not open for further replies.

thisiskortny5

Registered
Reaction score
It's hard to find someone you can count on to give you helpful feedback and to not bail after reading a few chapters (I know people get busy with their lives, it's understandable). I'm looking to exchange manuscripts with someone I can count on to get to the very end and help me fix any issues I have in my story.

My manuscript is complete at 70,000 words. It is somewhere between Literary Fiction and Contemporary (I'm not the best at categorizing books). If you've read Emma Cline's: The Girls, my story has a similar "feel" to The Girls, with a heavy Wiccan vibe. It's the main character, Phoebe Jansen's, story of love and obsession, with a dark side--murder and suicide. It has sort of a cult-y vibe, also. There is sex in the manuscript, with both male/female as well as female/female relationships.

We can swap the first few paragraphs or the first chapter to get a feel for each other's writing and see if we're the right match. This is the third draft of my manuscript, and I'd rather not edit someone's first draft. I like dark stories, but I'm pretty open about what I will read. (No YA, No Science Fiction, No Fantasy)

lizzieamy

Escapist, Dreamer, etc
Registered
Reaction score
Hi there, I think I write with a similar feel to you (and adored The Girls). My current WIP is not ready for anyone else's eyes at the moment, but in the meantime I would be happy to beta read for you - PM me if you're interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.