PDA

View Full Version : Beta Readers Wanted

grimkatr
11-06-2016, 11:20 PM
I am in desperate need for more beta readers for my teen/YA urban fantasy novel. The novel is not complete, yet, but I so far have only one beta reader and it's not enough. If any of you have any spare time and are familiar with beta reading this genre, please let me know.

mccardey
11-08-2016, 02:25 AM
Generally you'd look for a beta read once the novel is as finished and polished and shiny-bright a you can possibly make it. A good beta is terrible thing to waste, if the WiP isn't ready.

ETA: Not meaning you can't post a request - just letting you know that if you don't get many takers, this might be why. But maybe just add a quick synopsis to your post here, and see if that whets some appetites. Good luck :)

Chase
11-08-2016, 03:06 AM
I am in desperate need for more beta readers for my teen/YA urban fantasy novel. The novel is not complete, yet, but I so far have only one beta reader and it's not enough. If any of you have any spare time and are familiar with beta reading this genre, please let me know.

What McCardey said. Your request may need a slight tweak in terminology. Who you search for is probably a critique partner working on a similar novel. The two (or perhaps three) of you could then exchange chapters as you progress in your works-in-progress.

As you meet other AW writers, those with similar interests may be easier to find.

Good luck. :greenie

grimkatr
11-08-2016, 08:21 AM
To answer your questions, the novel I am writing is a teen/YA urban fantasy, witches, vampires, werewolves etc. It's about a young woman who was adopted as a baby who finds out she is a witch. She is then pulled into the world of the Supernatural, learns that is all exists, and that the conflict of the story is an Enchantress set out to not only conquer the supernatural races, but to take back the world cause she feels that they are the dominate species.

I am looking for more readers to also help me get through some writer's block. I had tons of ideas for my novel, but since I never wrote them down, I forgot most of them. Also, many of the ideas didn't work. I want to also mention that I know that this genre is overflowed, but I want to make my way into it.

Chase
11-08-2016, 10:14 PM
I am looking for more readers to also help me get through some writer's block. I had tons of ideas for my novel, but since I never wrote them down, I forgot most of them.

Yep, forget beta-readers for now. You want a critique partner or two. :greenie

I want to also mention that I know that this genre is overflowed, but I want to make my way into it.

One upside of your genre having lots of writers is you have a ready pool of critique partners. :e2grouphu

grimkatr
11-09-2016, 03:19 AM
Well I just need more people reading my work and help give me advice.

Ketzel
11-09-2016, 03:40 AM
It sounds as if you want someone to read chapters as you draft them and offer feedback or brainstorm plot ideas with you? That's most likely to happen in a regular critique group, where you do the same for the other writers in the group. You might also want to consider taking a creative writing class, if there's something available to you locally. (Community colleges or adult education centers are good places to look. Also libraries.) Just being held accountable for getting work done by a deadline can often help with writer's block, and you may also meet people there who will naturally evolve into a crit group.

maggiee19
11-11-2016, 04:04 AM
I am interested in reading your manuscript. May I send you a PM?

bifurcation
11-11-2016, 10:12 AM
check out critters.org

grimkatr
11-11-2016, 11:10 PM
I am taking writing classes.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes Maggiee19, you may send me a PM.