• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking beta readers for MG/YA novel (92k fantasy/steampunk) Will swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

A. F. Blackmon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.skycaptainchronicles.com
Hi there, I am looking for beta readers for my fantasy novel, The Sky Captain Chronicles: Merdock Sky. This is a highly polished novel that I have been editing for the last five years (and I've paid a friend to edit it as well) so it's in very good shape in the way of spelling/grammar. I am looking for feedback on the overall story, the flow, the characters, and the writing style. This is a 92,000 word middle grade/young adult cross-over fantasy novel with some mythological fantasy, dystopian, and steampunk all thrown into the mix.

Merdock Sky follows the extraordinary adventures of twelve year old Raul Dolor who’s seemingly dull life turns upside down when he meets Count Merdock, a strange man who appears from the sky in a giant, steam powered, flying ferris wheel. Count Merdock takes Raul to Merdock Sky, his grand castle that floats twenty thousand feet above the earth. There Raul meets a host of strange creatures from another land and soon discovers that his encounter with the mysterious Count Merdock was no accident. Raul’s adventure through the clouds turns perilous as he joins Count Merdock, the Sky Captain Order and the people of the sky world in their battle against the dark forces governing Earth known as The Great Group.

Please message me if you're interested! Will swap similar type of book.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.