Good Girls Revolt ~ Amazon Original Series

JohnnyGottaKeyboard

Who let this guy in...?
Registered
Reaction score
On the rooftoop where he climbed when the laughter
IMDb.

Anyone else watch this yet? I just finished and, while I enjoyed it as a seriocomic romp, I felt I was sold a Bill of Goods. There were lots of topical subjects and real-life character insertions (into an otherwise fictional milieu), including the requisite LSD freakout, woman who needed an abortion scene (which I had mixed feelings about, because, on the one hand, it's been done, but on the other it apparently still bears being reminded of), and the affair with the boss (also with allusions to wife-beating and rampant alcoholism), but it wasn't really about a lawsuit.

Also, I thought the very attractive cast were only soso actors.

MythMonger

Willing to Learn
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone else watch this show? My wife and I are halfway through the first (only) season and have really it enjoyed it so far. Last year, I was surprised to learn that it wasn't renewed.

Roy Price canceled ‘Good Girls Revolt.’ For the show’s stars, it’s ‘horribly meta.’

After a wave of sexual harassment accusations in Hollywood, chatter in the industry isn’t just about how sexism infects offices — it’s also about how it infects what you watch.

Roy Price’s resignation last week from Amazon Studios amid sexual harassment allegations has been especially resonant for cast members of “Good Girls Revolt,” the series about discrimination in the workplace that Amazon didn’t renew after one season.