• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking Beta Reader(s) for Dystopian (Willing to swap almost any genre)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RebeccaMinnar

Registered
Reaction score
Hello!

I have a YA dystopian that is just under 83k words and has gone through several edits without readers. My fellow writer and I have done all we can without another pair of eyes, but we have reached the point where any form of beta is welcome--line edits, an overall edit, a hybrid of the two. Just as long as it helps us find the spots that halt the flow of the book.

Here's the elevator pitch we have come up with for it:
In a world where all disabled people are arrested, "upgraded," and forced into military service, a boy with a bad hand runs to the mysterious Forest People to avoid discovery. Meanwhile, his brother Vil infiltrates the Officers, the government’s police force, to find a way to protect his brother from the inside.

I am willing to beta for any genre other than romance and erotic. I'm tentative about being a beta for a contemporary, primarily because it is not my usual cup of tea and, therefore, I would not be the target audience. However, I am willing. There may be a few other things I am cautious towards, depending on the content, but I will do my best to be a decent beta.

bifurcation

Banned
Reaction score
Hi,

I am brand new here on the site. I am looking for critique partners/ Beta readers. My novel is at about 120 K. Adult Sci-Fi. I guess it's post-apocalypse but has a slipstream element. I hesitate to call it literary but it's something like that. If you interested in swapping I would propose swapping a chapter or two first. We each do a critique of each others work that way we can each find out if we want to do the whole thing.

Let me know

sophievansickle

Registered
Reaction score
I have a low fantasy YA at about 100k and would love to swap if you're interested. Send me a message if you're interested in swapping and we can chat!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.