Book Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edgarallenwannabe

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kevinlucia.net
This is not a big deal or anything, and I offer this humbly, but for many years in college I wrote a book review column for our local Christian newspaper, The Baptist Voice. I recently resumed my "gig" there. It's a modestly sized newspaper with a decent audience. I guess I just wanted to offer my services as a book reviewer if anyone wants to have their book reviewed. Again, it's a modestly sized newspaper; decent audience, certainly not the New York Times or anything, but also a real newspaper, not a blog or anything - not that there's anything wrong with that either, because this summer I'll be reviewing some books for Christian Fiction Blogs as well. I don't propose that everyone send me free copies of their books, but if you happen to have any leftover copies or ARC copies lying around, I'd be happy to review it for you, tell folks where to buy it, plug your website, etc. I'd buy the books from you, but hey, I'm poor.
EmoteShrug.gif

I'll also post them on the webversion of my column here:

www.kevinlucia.net/kevinskorner

And yes, korner is spelled wrong...it's s'pposed to be. I'm open to traditionally published novels, self-published novels, POD'd novels....I'd like to get in the routine of reviewing one traditionally published and one self-published in every column.

Oh, and even though I will always be honest in my reviews, I'm not out to trash anyone or bad mouth their book in print. I'm not like that, and that's just not the way to go about doing things.

HoosierCowgirl

Registered
Reaction score
Well, that's pretty cool. Even though I don't have anything for you to review (yet) LOL

Good luck with your new endeavor!

ysic
ann

Edgarallenwannabe

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kevinlucia.net
Thank you. I just recieved a copy of House from Thomas Nelson. I'm kinda blown away, actually. I emailed them from Ted Dekker's website, never recieved a response, so I just figured they were blowing me off. Then, I go to the mail and VOILA! Pretty surprised, I must say. That, and few other folks have emailed me, so I'll be busy reading all summer.

Kevin

Edgarallenwannabe

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kevinlucia.net

Edgarallenwannabe

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kevinlucia.net
Sigh...so many posts, so little time...

Hi folks, some new reviews for you - sorry I don't particpate more on other aspects of this board, because my schedule just STINKS- but if the magic wand of publication ever changes my day-to-day work schedule, you'll have to pry me awy from this board with a crowbar....

..and a magic crowbar, at that....

New Reviews:
Until the Last Dog Dies: A Joe Box Mystery – by John Laurence Robinson (I s'pose y'all know him! :))
An Orphan's Promise - by Dan Davis
The Best of Evil - by Eric Wilson
Coldwater Revival - by Nancy Jo Jenkins
Dragons, Knights, & Angels Magazine
The Election - by Jerome Teel

Author Interview: Nancy Jo Jenkins

BruceJ

Me and my Muse
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.brucejudisch.com
Kevin,

Thanks for the offer. I'd like to send you a copy of my new release--can you e-mail me with a snail-mail address, or would you take a softcopy of the final galleysheet to review (with the understanding that there were, or course, a couple minor changes to it)? What's the best way to work it?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.