PDA

View Full Version : Beta Reader requested for 62k Coming-of-age Drama/Comedy novel - Will Swap similar length.

Oldborne
10-18-2016, 05:28 PM
Hello folks,

I'm looking for a fine individual to beta read of my latest novel.

The book's called Four Thieves, is just under 62k words, and is a coming-of-age drama/comedy. I'm unafraid of harsh criticisms and am hoping for people who can show me what's working and what isn't, what's confusing and where the story is moving too fast/ too slow.

A short blurb:
Following the unexpected death of a close friend, three boys living in care steal their friend's ashes and set off on an improvised adventure to hunt down his birth mother and let her know how great her son was.

I would also be interested in beta swapping with a work of similar length and genre.

Thanks for reading!

Lissandra
10-27-2016, 03:00 AM
Oh my goodness this is such an interesting premise! I'm interested in reading the first chapter if you don't mind?

Mrs-Q
10-27-2016, 03:45 AM
Following the unexpected death of a close friend, three boys living in care steal their friend's ashes and set off on an improvised adventure to hunt down his birth mother and let her know how great her son was.Damn. That's better than some most query letters I've sen. And it's one sentence.

I don't have time to commit at the moment, but encouragement's hard to come by. It's probably great. Keep writing.

Oldborne
12-02-2016, 07:58 PM
Damn. That's better than some most query letters I've sen. And it's one sentence.

I don't have time to commit at the moment, but encouragement's hard to come by. It's probably great. Keep writing.

Thank you so much haha, very nice to hear.