PDA

View Full Version : suspense cover feedback?

Gregg Bell
10-17-2016, 01:27 AM
Thanks. It's for a suspense novel called Saving Baby. Here's the blurb:

Seventeen-year-old Annie Rebarchek is thrilled when industrialist Houston Monroe hires her to look after his baby for the summer. But something’s not right. Monroe’s baby is weak and cries constantly. When Annie confronts Monroe about it, he goes into a rage and tells her to mind her own business. She tells her father but he thinks she’s exaggerating. Annie knows something is suspicious, but what? The next day she discovers something that makes her skin crawl. She nabs the baby and flees.

Now she’s on the run. Her only hope is exposing Monroe’s deadly evil before it’s too late—for her and the baby.

https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/ad48/qpxecq26xe5mn256g.jpg

BradCarsten
10-17-2016, 05:26 AM
It's a lovely photo, but I just worry that it gives the wrong impression about the book. Before I read your blurb the first thought I had was Nicholas sparks, which may not be what you are going for. I would put an angrier sky in there, or something equally sinister that would offer a contrast and show the audience that there is something wrong.

kevinwaynewilliams
10-17-2016, 05:41 AM
Basically, same as Ave: nice cover, well executed, but doesn't really suit the topic. Nothing makes me think suspense, pursuit, flight, or danger.

Southpaw
10-17-2016, 09:11 PM
I third what's been said. The image as is makes me think women's fiction.

muse
10-17-2016, 10:58 PM
I also think the cover should be darker to convey suspense, danger etc.

Undercover
10-18-2016, 12:23 AM
I thought the blurb was interesting and the cover was okay, like she goes to an old farmhouse and stays there to hide the baby for a while?

Gregg Bell
10-18-2016, 04:52 AM
Thank you all very much. I think you guys are absolutely right. I'm giving up on this cover. Appreciate it. :)

kevinwaynewilliams
10-18-2016, 07:21 PM
If you are open to suggestions, I think a black background with an isolated, broken baby toy (with some hint of violence) would suit.

Gregg Bell
10-20-2016, 03:51 AM
If you are open to suggestions, I think a black background with an isolated, broken baby toy (with some hint of violence) would suit.

Thanks Kevin but decided to go with a different concept altogether.