• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

I'm looking for a Mentor (M/M romance)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamanthaLau

Registered
Reaction score
Website
lausamantha.wordpress.com
Hello~

I'm looking for a mentor that can do some critiques and guide me a bit with my projects. I can't post a specific blurb since I'm looking for someone to help long-term and not in any one specific piece, but I write M/M romances (with sex but not erotica, low heat rating I've been told) in a variety of subgenres: so far I have contemporary, fantasy and sci-fi, and the current piece I'm working on is sci-fi too. Most my stuff is on the ballpark of 30k/novellas so far. Hoping to write "real" novels over 50k eventually...

Hopefully it'll be someone willing to help with finished and unfinished projects alike. I'm not looking for help in subbing to agents or any major publishing house, just with the writing, motivation woes and self-publishing marketing aspect/indie kind of things, someone to talk with who has more experience, etc.

Unfortunately there isn't much I can offer you, but if you need a beta read or critique (I don't consider myself overly good at critiquing, though, just so you're aware; nor do I have that much experience in it), then I'll be happy to help in what I can. I've also done reviews before, so if you're looking for honest reviews, I can do that.

It'd be exceptionally nice if we could create a long-lasting friendship in the process, too. :)

Shoot me a PM if you're interested, and we can discuss more.

Status
Not open for further replies.