PDA

View Full Version : Amazon and Self-Publishing

kengreen
10-16-2016, 01:11 PM
I'm probably older than most people on this board. I'm in my late forties, and I've always dreamed of writing a novel. However, I figured that nobody would publish my work, so I looked at my goal as a pipe-dream.

But with Amazon, anybody can publish their work on the Kindle format for free. I'm currently working on a vampire novel that should be finished by summer. I plan to sell it for a dollar. This isn't a plug. Those are just my plans. I plan to fill the book with blood and naughty words. I want to make it as lurid as possible.

Cheers.

Helix
10-16-2016, 01:25 PM
Good luck!

There are plenty of people on this board who are older than you, you whippersnapper!

Tom Johnson
10-16-2016, 03:01 PM
Welcome to AW, and good luck with your novel. I had to check out your Stupid Blog, and admit it was strange (LOL). What's with all the Korean, just out of curiosity? Oh, BTW, you're a youngster. I'm an old 76. Like your Avatar.

kengreen
10-16-2016, 03:24 PM
Welcome to AW, and good luck with your novel. I had to check out your Stupid Blog, and admit it was strange (LOL). What's with all the Korean, just out of curiosity? Oh, BTW, you're a youngster. I'm an old 76. Like your Avatar.

Hi Tom. I actually live in South Korea. My blog is just a formula.

First paragraph is about dinner.

The second paragraph is about television.

The third paragraph is prayer time.

The fourth paragraph is Korean news time.

The fifth paragraph is politics.

And the last paragraph is a blessing.

Cheers.

regdog
10-16-2016, 03:47 PM
Moving to Self Publishing,

mrsmig
10-16-2016, 05:08 PM
I'm probably older than most people on this board.

:Wha: :ROFL::roll:

Maryn
10-16-2016, 07:08 PM
I'd threaten you with my cane, but I'd have to get it out of the car. I don't need it in the house, where I'm adept at lurching from sofa to table to chair when the knee acts up.

This is a site for serious writers. While we welcome writers as young as 13, I'd guess we have huge numbers substantially older than you are.

Old Hack
10-17-2016, 10:37 AM
I'm probably older than most people on this board. I'm in my late forties, and I've always dreamed of writing a novel. However, I figured that nobody would publish my work, so I looked at my goal as a pipe-dream.

You are so young.

No one will publish your work if you don't write it, don't revise it, or don't send it out. But if you do those things, you might be pleasantly surprised.

But with Amazon, anybody can publish their work on the Kindle format for free. I'm currently working on a vampire novel that should be finished by summer. I plan to sell it for a dollar. This isn't a plug. Those are just my plans. I plan to fill the book with blood and naughty words. I want to make it as lurid as possible.

Cheers.

I like to fill my books with strong words in the best order, and make my books as good as possible. Then they get published and I get paid. But each to his own.

I hope the writing goes well for you. Welcome to AW!

ASeiple
10-18-2016, 08:10 AM
Sounds like a fun plan! Write what you love, and it's hard to go wrong.