Coming Soon: Topic Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
We're getting ready to kick off those high-level discussions mentioned earlier. These discussions will give us a chance to get to know each other and share what we know and are learning about this writing gig we chose (or that chose us) and what it means to be a writer. There's a whole world of knowledge on this forum just waiting to be mined and I hope we'll have a lot of fun doing just that.

I'd like to take this moment to thank those who have given me really great ideas for topics. I appreciate it and hope to receive moar; if you have a topic you want to explore, please drop me a PM and on the list it shall go. We'll discuss tips for how we find the time in our hectic schedules to write, where we go for research and how we organize it, how we conquered our novel's saggy middle, and what we do when we want to quit—just to list a few examples.

Mark your calendars for Tuesday, October 18th, when we'll kick this deal off with:

Topic Tuesday #1: Why This Story?

Please feel free to prepare a one to three sentence premise* to introduce your story, if you'd like. This can be your current WIP or the one you just finished. Tell us how you chose this story to tell, what it means to you, and why it demanded to be told now. Be prepared to ask questions of other posters, too. Let's make it interactive and fun. Oh, yes, fun should be had by all.

*(No excerpts or expectations of crits, please. Those belong in SYW.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.