• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for betas/CP for psych horror 77k word novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

BWretched

Banned
Reaction score
Novel's at it's final edit pending critiques. As far as CPs go, I'd prefer someone who'd like to send near finalized drafts as well. Query is below. PM me if you're interested in swapping or beta reading this. :) I have more specific requests but they all go along the lines of looking for readability, typos, streaming conscious thoughts, inconsistencies, and just general reception. I also use Word. Thankies!

----

Query:

My novel IMAGES follows the two week murder spree across the south of mentally ill photographer Annaleigh Baker and her fiancé, brain damaged aspiring horror novelist, Sebastian Carrington.

Annaleigh’s inspiration is drowned in blood when Sebastian suffers traumatic brain injury from a crash on their wedding day.
Their once odd, symbiotic romance of exchanging creepy photos and haunting words to enthuse one another is severed by Sebastian’s newfound coldness and desire for nothing but solitude from Annaleigh’s desperate grasping for his love. Until he discovers her secret: the photos she took of their friend’s mangled corpses on the day of the accident. Annaleigh expects anger and disgust, but Sebastian’s simply inspired.

Though Annaleigh’s unnerved, Sebastian’s growing morbidity and obsession with writing the next best horror novel strengthens her hunger to fix their relationship. She plans a vacation for them and their friends—a road trip reminiscent of when she and Sebastian met. But as they barrel forward and Sebastian continues to write, accidents, misfortune, and death are at every stop and Annaleigh questions her reality. No one else notices Sebastian’s strange behaviors, the malice in his eyes, or the whispering. But when Sebastian gives Annaleigh a cryptic ultimatum to rediscover the creativity that drew him to her or they’ll break up, life and death hinge on her photographer’s eye…

Or maybe her delusions are just worsening.

Complete at 77,000 words, IMAGES is a psychological/romantic horror with similar tones and themes to Du Welz’s Alleluia and Friedkin’s Bug.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.