• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Swap my YA Humourous LGBTQ Novel (60,000 words) for your...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ms.rachel

Registered
Reaction score
Hello Folks,

I am looking to swap my 60,000 YA humourous LGBTQ novel for your (YA, MG or Contemporary) novel. Most of my posts on AW have been crits of others work in the Share Your Work forum. I am a literacy teacher, a huge YA nerd, and am down for LBL if that's how you like it.

Here is an attempt at a query for my novel:

[FONT=&quot]It’s been three years since Guy Scott’s heart was sucker punched with the image of Christian Marlin in a bowtie and tight jeans. Now a senior, he’s still not ready to have his sexual preferences scrawled on the Crooner High Bulletin, which currently reads "Lindsey Moore is a skankbox." And is mortified by his mother’s version of 'the talk,’ for which he isn’t interested in the dick do-over. All things considered, using Christian’s twin Tina, as his hetero cover-story and fake pining after her for years is a pretty solid idea.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]When Guy discovers the Marlins are moving, he’s ready to secretly relearn every awkward lesson life has ever dealt about sex, dating, and love. Then Guy’s ready for Christian to move and take the secret with him.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Guy reaches out to Christian via social media, but his little gesture turns into a big disaster when the eldest of the Marlins, intercepts it. Now, if Guy doesn’t want to be a human punching bag, he will have to meet the neanderthal’s two demands:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1)Cockblock the resident perv and psycho who’s hopes to take Tina to the semi-formal[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2)Stay the hell away from his brother Christian[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]But the more time Guy spends on the girl who doesn’t want him, the more he’ll destroy any shot with the boy who just might. If Guy wants to get out of this ordeal alive and with any semblance of a life, he is will to have to face some hard truths about himself first. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Guy Scotts proves there is life after first crushes, botched friendships, and dysfunctional parents in this 61,000-word humours LGBTQ YA novel. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Teaching my inclusive health and sexual education program to middle school students for ten years now, I started in a time when the Ontario curriculum was riddled with heteronormative bias and talking to students about sexuality diversity was considered taboo. Through my career I have had countless students come to me in confidence and share their stories. I wrote this novel for them. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

If you are interested PM me and let's do this!

Status
Not open for further replies.