• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

CP/Mentor/Beta for 90k Upmarket Women's Fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAndrewsWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, I'm having terrible trouble finding a CP (or a mentor!) to help with my upmarket women's fiction manuscript. Brief details: Multiple POV/LGBT/POC set in England and Romania. The manuscript interweaves the plots of three women aged 19, 40 and 65 whose lives are tragically affected by a politician's death.

Although it focuses on psychological depth, it is fairly plot heavy and features an upbeat ending (but no traditional HEA).
FYI. Manuscript features sex scenes, prostitution, death, interracial relationships and degenerative brain diseases. It also features heart-warming family reunions, love, atonement and graduations! See, it's not all bad.

Ideally I'd like to find someone with a little bit of CPing experience (I have some!), who can turnaround a couple of chapters a week. This draft is a 3rd revision and I have 10k left to write/edit. I'm hoping I'll be ready to start querying at the end of the year. Please (!) only connect if you're committed and not querying yet.

Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.