Hey, AW Roundtable! Say a big Howdy to your new room mod, Ari Meermans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
The former room mod is on an AW sabbatical, and Ari has graciously agreed to assume the responsibilities of this room. Kylabelle is already dearly missed, and the door is always open for her return to AW.

AW Roundtable is an important and active room that needs an available and responsive mod with ideas about stimulating conversations.

So I'd like to say a huge THANK YOU to Ari, and welcome to the room! I know you'll do amazing things here, and I appreciate your willingness to take up the challenge. Changes can be scary, but they can also be terrific.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hello again, Ari! My, but you do a lot for us :kiss:

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, Mac.

That was an incredibly kind thing to say, mccardey. Thank you.

When Mac asked if I'd be willing to make myself available to the Roundtable regulars I said yes, of course. Obviously. AbsoluteWrite has grown a lot in the five short years I've been here. Almost a third of our current membership has joined us in that time. And that set me to thinking about the nature of roundtable discussions and the sheer volume of knowledge represented here just waiting for the right question, asked in just the right way. I'm mulling over a couple of ideas for bringing out that high-level writing knowledge and experience to benefit all our fellow AWers without having to wait for that just-right question. Each of you has a story to tell about how you learned to master an aspect or portion of the craft of writing—your own Eureka! moment—and those stories have incredible value. We'll be setting up the platform to curate that knowledge and facilitate those roundtable discussions soon. Be watching for it.

Yesterday, we changed the room description to "Honing our craft and sharing what we've learned." That was our first step and will hopefully become our focus. Pondering that description should give each of you the opportunity to start thinking of what you want to share that will help others so that you'll be ready when we get the platform organized and up.

I'm happy and excited to be here for you and I hope you'll be excited to see the direction we'll be taking together.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Ari, you're a thoughtful and creative mod and I'm glad you've stepped in here. I'm looking forward to seeing what you'll do with the place.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ari, it was good of you to take this on, in addition to your other mod duties.

To you - and to all the mods - thank you for your hard work in making AW the single most valuable writers' resource it's been my pleasure to encounter.

Ari Meermans

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you so much, mrsmig. We do try. You know, all of the mods found their way to AW along much the same paths as the rest of the community. We were looking for our tribe and a place where we could gather with other writers and learn and grow together. AW is pretty darned fabulous and it's fulfilling to be tasked with helping to keep the joint clean and pleasant for the community. And to facilitate the conversations here. Not take over or take charge of the conversations, but to make it possible for you to have the conversations you want and need to have in a safe and pleasant environment. This lovely community makes that easier than it might otherwise be. And for that, we all appreciate and thank you very much.

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
And that set me to thinking about the nature of roundtable discussions and the sheer volume of knowledge represented here just waiting for the right question, asked in just the right way. I'm mulling over a couple of ideas for bringing out that high-level writing knowledge and experience to benefit all our fellow AWers without having to wait for that just-right question. Each of you has a story to tell about how you learned to master an aspect or portion of the craft of writing—your own Eureka! moment—and those stories have incredible value. We'll be setting up the platform to curate that knowledge and facilitate those roundtable discussions soon. Be watching for it.

Yesterday, we changed the room description to "Honing our craft and sharing what we've learned." That was our first step and will hopefully become our focus. Pondering that description should give each of you the opportunity to start thinking of what you want to share that will help others so that you'll be ready when we get the platform organized and up.

I'm happy and excited to be here for you and I hope you'll be excited to see the direction we'll be taking together.

Ari, I just love this post and I'm really intrigued to see what comes next. I can't even fathom the work it takes to mod here. I'm grateful to you (and all the mods and Mac and...well everyone) who gives of their time to make this place such a haven--and a refuge--for writers. Looking forward to your tenure in the Roundtable, and thank you! for taking it on.

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Ari! I'm looking forward to your great ideas, your fresh approaches, and your loving jackboot of authority! (And I also look forward to Kylabelle's return, as she is also a lovely, much-appreciated mod.) Hail to our new overlord! :)

Ari Meermans

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, Elaine. I just have to find a workable implementation. Should be soon, tho'.

Hi, jj. Thank you.

"overlord" *snort*

Ari Meermans

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, Carrie and folkchick. Everyone here has been far too kind. Thank you all.

To each and every one of you: I wish you the very best success with your writing.

grandma2isaac

Registered
Reaction score
I have never been in one of the roundtable discussions, but can't wait! Hi again Ari, I've seen you around and appreciate your views!

Status
Not open for further replies.