"Lucifer" (can't find an existing thread, I did try)

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The new season just had a great twist. It appears there are no spoiler tags here so don't look if you can see the text and don't want to. Hopefully I used the right color, I can't find one that is actually invisible to me.

Lucifer wants the detective (Decker) to believe he's the Devil. Amenadiel (the angel brother) intervenes when Lucifer offers proof to Decker and puts on a convincing act showing her how Lucifer could have faked the evidence. So viewers think Decker will call Lucifer on his charade. Instead she uses an interesting analogy.

Your brother thinks he's a chicken, why don't you confront him?
Because I need the eggs.​

What a clever analogy. Decker won't confront Lucifer's claim to be the devil that she has doubts about because he's helping her solve crimes.

I love this kind of clever.

Last edited:

Dennis E. Taylor

Get it off! It burns!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've been very impressed with the writing so far. It can be very difficult to take a source story that's so absolutist and give it nuance.

Noizchild

Registered
Reaction score
Website
noizchild.neocities.org
Yay! Someone to talk to about this show! I love it! Really good stuff. It's annoying that we're going to have to wait two weeks for the new episode. When they said "two weeks" I was like, "What?!"

DancingMaenid

New kid...seven years ago!
Registered
Reaction score
I've really fallen in love with the show. It's so different than the source material, but it's become its own thing that's a lot of fun. It could have been cliche and generic, but it has a lot of charm and the actors really sell the characters.

I'm very excited about the new season.

Yay! Someone to talk to about this show! I love it! Really good stuff. It's annoying that we're going to have to wait two weeks for the new episode. When they said "two weeks" I was like, "What?!"

At least it seems to be because of the presidential debate. I can forgive them for that since all the stations seem to be showing the debate. But yeah, I was a bit surprised about the wait.

Last edited:

Noizchild

Registered
Reaction score
Website
noizchild.neocities.org
I've really fallen in love with the show. It's so different than the source material, but it's become its own thing that's a lot of fun. It could have been cliche and generic, but it has a lot of charm and the actors really sell the characters.

I'm very excited about the new season.

At least it seems to be because of the presidential debate. I can forgive them for that since all the stations seem to be showing the debate. But yeah, I was a bit surprised about the wait.

I love the red herring with the female cop. Yeah, I learned about the presidential debate this morning.

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
I love this show too. I watch few current fictional shows on TV (Vikings is the other). Although from the OP, I think I missed an episode somewhere! This is a show with very clever writing.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I love this show too. I watch few current fictional shows on TV (Vikings is the other). Although from the OP, I think I missed an episode somewhere! This is a show with very clever writing.

It was the first episode in season 2, just started up again this week. It looks like they are skipping next week (probably because of the debates) but will be on again Oct 3.

Dana_B

...living on hammock time...
Registered
Reaction score
*waves wildly* Hello, Lucifer People! I haven't tried to put my finger on why I like this show so much, but I'm riveted!

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
DH and I want to watch this show. I will come back to this board once we have, so I don't come across spoilers. But I'm glad to hear that people are enjoying it and that the writing is good.

JenniferLee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jenniferleerossman.blogspot.com
This show! I also can't explain why I love it so much. It's just... everything is so well done on it. I especially love Lucifer interacting with Trixie. Too funny.
Without too much spoiling... What is going on with Amenadiel! Being punished by Dad for something?

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This show! I also can't explain why I love it so much. It's just... everything is so well done on it. I especially love Lucifer interacting with Trixie. Too funny.
Without too much spoiling... What is going on with Amenadiel! Being punished by Dad for something?

He had sex with Mazilkeen.

Max Vaehling

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dreadfulgate.de
I was a bit taken aback with this show at first. Turning it into a police procedural is about the most boring and generic thing you can do with any source material, and the first handful of episodes didn't do much to reassure me. It did pick up when the main arc got into motion, though, and so far season two is just so much better. Also, they added Tricia Helfer and Aimee Garcia to the cast and now I can't not watch. (I wasn't aware of Garcia before that but she seems to be the kind of actor who just makes everything better and now I want to watch everything she was ever in. Except Dexter, maybe. That never got me.)

The only part that still doesn't work for me is the crime procedural stuff. There's just not enough there.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
And I like the police procedural stuff. It provides a hook to hang the show on.
Without that, what's the show about? Lucifer navel-gazing and moping about his daddy-issues with God?
Hunting escaped demons every week? Just what we need, another 'Supernatural', with two brothers trying to put the world to rights.
Or, 'Touched By a Devil', in which Lucifer helps some random stranger to....whatever it is that show did.
Or, absolutely the worst, some 'mystery' show with a long, tedious backstory and mythology that ends up being totally pointless.

I'd rather watch Lucifer play detective.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I was a bit taken aback with this show at first. Turning it into a police procedural is about the most boring and generic thing you can do with any source material, and the first handful of episodes didn't do much to reassure me. It did pick up when the main arc got into motion, though, and so far season two is just so much better. Also, they added Tricia Helfer and Aimee Garcia to the cast and now I can't not watch. (I wasn't aware of Garcia before that but she seems to be the kind of actor who just makes everything better and now I want to watch everything she was ever in. Except Dexter, maybe. That never got me.)

The only part that still doesn't work for me is the crime procedural stuff. There's just not enough there.
It gives Lucifer a platform to get involved in murders. It's just a literary tool.

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score
I haven't followed this show as much as I've wanted. But I like the detective angle. In particular, (I don't think this is a spoiler) I like how the writers worked it into his "role" as a punisher of evil. There seemed to be a thread at one point about whether he's trying to get back with "Dad," back into his good graces. I'd like to see that played out further. Perhaps the writers have played it.

I definitely need to catch up.

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
I really appreciate that's it's turning darker, with Lucifer getting physically hurt, fearful and angry. I haven't seen the show in weeks--too much happening here. Augh!

TCnKC

Registered
Reaction score
I've loved this show as well. Pretty much considered it as a 'guilty pleasure' last year but screw that. I know a lot of people who are disappointed with it because they loved the pilot(as did I) and thought the direction of the show was going to be dark/supernatural(as did I) but it's still a darn good show.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Have to say, last night's episode was impressive in that the actor who plays Lucifer really looked like a man who'd just lost a family member and was feeling guilty. He looked like hadn't slept for a week, crying all the while. Puffy faced, etc. Showing, not the usual TV telling.