• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for Beta Reader/Swap for YA Sci-Fi

Status
Not open for further replies.

rentserenity

Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I’m looking for a beta reader/swap for my 83k YA Sci-Fi called The Core Team. For myself, I like to read character driven stories of almost any genre, see my post on the willing beta readers thread for more specifics.

My story’s blurb: Seventeen-year-old Warden is the leader of the Core team, the unique group of subjects at a research facility meant to test super-soldier serums for the US Military. The Core team undergoes harsh DNA altering drugs to test powers like teleportation and regeneration. Warden keeps herself and her teammates sane, by creating an entire fantasy world where she pretends she and her teammates are superheroes battling for Earth’s survival. For years, the stories have always been enough to fight away depression. But when Warden discovers that her memories have been tampered with, she spirals onto the brink of insanity. To save herself, she endeavors to uncover her missing memories, risking her life in the process. What she finds is a maze full of more questions, but at the end of which, might just lead the Core team to freedom.

Send me a PM if you’re interested in beta reading or swapping. If you want to swap, I’d like to exchange the first 50pgs of our manuscripts to start. I’m also looking for long-term critique partners, so if we work well together, we could discuss becoming CPs.

Amelia Jinx

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, so I don't know if the Beta reader swap is still available but if it is, I would love to give your story a read. I don't know what a PM is so I hope this replay works.

Last edited:

rentserenity

Registered
Reaction score
Bumping this post because I'm looking for beta readers again. After edits my story is currently sitting at 85K. If you'd like to swap, send me a PM with your blurb/query/etc about your story and we'll take it from there. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.