If it turns out a missile really did hit the Pentagon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lantern Jack

My kitten knows kung-fu!
Registered
Reaction score
...and that Darth Bush and his political army of Republican clones were behind 9/11, does this mean we'll be paying Iraq reparations for the way we brought their country to the brink of civil war and basically demolished the civilization and urban development they've been striving for since the early '90s, withdraw our troops and put Saddam back in office, wave our hands in front of their horror-dazzled faces, going, This was all a dream, you are sleeping comfortably in your bed, none of this happened, put it out of mind, this was all a dream?

This is a time-turner, Harry!!!

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
Jean Marie said:
Get a grip...on something...please! Or, a life. Really. In life, there are lines, you went over one, this time, Jack.

Just this time?

Jean Marie

calm waters ahead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jeanmariewiesen.com
Don't know. We'll have to wait to see what kind of drivel he comes up w/
smile.gif

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The randomness really throws me here. You put "if it turns out," as though someone's holding a press conference later to reveal vital information about this mysterious missile.

I'd say this statement came "out the blue, like nude cops."

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
I had friends and acquaintances who were at the Pentagon on that day. None died, which I find miraculous, but they went through hell that they're still not recovered from. My family is military back to my grandfather and my son is going off to Army boot camp on May 18th. No matter what you feel about Bush's politics, the original post is offensive to the nth degree.

I'm with Sheryl, this topic goes over the line for me.

Jean Marie

calm waters ahead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jeanmariewiesen.com
Are you getting the message, Jack? It went over the line for all of us. Which is why we all posted what we did. You owe an apology to all the individuals who died on that plane that day.

Seriously.

As well as those who died on the ground.

Next time, think before you post. Just a suggestion.

And lose the winkie. It adds insult to...

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
come on. he doesn't owe anyone an apology. we've got to get over this constant outrage and offense around here.

that said, jack finally proved what i've long suspected. he's actually charlie sheen.

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
William, do you think I have a 'constant outrage and offense' problem? If so, please let me know about it via PM or email, I like to work on development areas, and if that's one, I thank you for helping me see it.

As to LJ, I don't care if he posts an apology or not - that won't make one bit of difference to me or to my friends and family. I just hope that LJ learns something from the reaction to his post. Was it meant to be clever satire? I think he missed the mark. Any of us watching TV that day saw that it was a commercial airliner that crashed there. There is no doubt in my mind about it. Perhaps that was all doctored up, kind of like the moon landing?

And it's giving way too much credit to Bush, et al, to think they could have conceived and pulled off such a conspiracy. And please explain to me, as well, the comment about the "civilization and urban development they've been striving for since the early '90s" in Iraq. I suppose we should give Saddam a Nobel or something?

Man, I really try to stay out of these types of threads because I get really ticked off and lose the ability to think rationally. I think I'll just go back to that practice seeing that my perceptions are disregarded here as "constant outrage and offense"

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
William, do you think I have a 'constant outrage and offense' problem?

i think it creeps up too often in a lot of threads, but i don't believe i specified anyone.

dlcharles

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dlcharles.com
Apparently I read the posting different than the rest of you. I find nothing offensive about it at all. The key word which struck me is "IF". If Limbaugh, O'Reilly, or even Andy Rooney had done the same words no one would have become upset.

As a matter of fact, I recently listened to almost those same words on a radio talk show about two or three months back.

As an American and a citizen I still find myself very angry that our government allowed such as 9/11 to happen, especially when it has been shown numerous advance warnings were in place. The worst thing is knowing it could happen again at any time simply because the 'media hyped' safeguards are not working.

My wife and I watched the events unfold on Good Morning America as it occured - and the stupidity of it all still astounds me.

Yes, I also regret the lives lost - they were 'collateral damage' in a war declared upon us, but we allowed it to happen. They used our own planes against us and our government watchdogs were sleeping on the job and playing 'secret keep-away' with each other about the prior knowledge.

Lantern Jack - know that I find your post non-offensive, merely food for possible thought.

Remember the movie and stories about how we never actually landed on the moon at all - it was only a hoax made in a movie studio somewhere. Same difference. When we close our minds to the slightest possibility of options kept from us by our leaders we then become no more than robots to the cause.

There really was someone on the grassy knoll the day JFK was killed, no matter what the commission finally ruled.

Last edited:

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
William Haskins said:
i think it creeps up too often in a lot of threads, but i don't believe i specified anyone.

Exactly. Therefore, I have to assume that you might have meant me. I suppose I'm a bit testy lately because I was caught quite unprepared for the announcement that my son was going to enlist as cannon fodder instead of joining the Navy. I'll keep my outrage to myself from now on, as it is obviously unwelcome and avoid additional ill will.

Tilly

Registered
Reaction score
dlcharles said:
Remember the movie and stories about how we never actually landed on the moon at all - it was only a hoax made in a movie studio somewhere. Same difference.

I agree. Many of those putting forward the 9/11 drivel do the same over the lunar landings. And the Oklahoma city bombing.

There really was someone on the grassy knoll the day JFK was killed, no matter what the commission finally ruled.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm

Reaction score
I don't think an apology is necessary.

The thread and post comes off tongue n cheek to me.

And why should anyone apologize for believing that a plane didn't hit the pentagon?

We, as a society, should apologize to them for the school system failing and for not noticing their problems and getting them the necessary help they clearly need much earlier.

dlcharles

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dlcharles.com
Dawno said:
I'll keep my outrage to myself from now on, as it is obviously unwelcome and avoid additional ill will.

If the originator of MADD had allowed her 'outrage' to lie dormant drunk drivers would still be treated as a joke by the law.

However; kill not the messenger for he but carries the word of those who ordered.

Last edited:

GPatten

Dang...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
forum.m1911.org
Lantern Jack has too many health and social issues to know what is up, or down. It’s been discovered that one relates to another. I think he may be off his meds.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
William Haskins said:
Hate to disagree WH, but you did say one person in particular:

come on. he doesn't owe anyone an apology. we've got to get over this constant outrage and offense around here.

This sentence is subjected to a single object of what you're trying to say, and that is Jack continues to exhibit "constant outrage and offense". Dawno mistook what you said. She assumed that you meant her "constant outrage and offense" which is rarely the case.

I actually enjoy the controversy of Jack. He's engaging and provokes discourse amoung writers like few can with such powerful essays. I would never ever want to see or hear his words stiffled. We need the Jack's of this world to remind us of all the horrors that abound!

Goo...

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
GPatten said:
Lantern Jack has too many health and social issues to know what is up, or down. It’s been discovered that one relates to another. I think he may be off his meds.
Intellects are all insane. It is the sane people we must worry about most.

Lantern Jack

My kitten knows kung-fu!
Registered
Reaction score
dlcharles said:
Apparently I read the posting different than the rest of you. I find nothing offensive about it at all. The key word which struck me is "IF". If Limbaugh, O'Reilly, or even Andy Rooney had done the same words no one would have become upset.

As a matter of fact, I recently listened to almost those same words on a radio talk show about two or three months back.

As an American and a citizen I still find myself very angry that our government allowed such as 9/11 to happen, especially when it has been shown numerous advance warnings were in place. The worst thing is knowing it could happen again at any time simply because the 'media hyped' safeguards are not working.

My wife and I watched the events unfold on Good Morning America as it occured - and the stupidity of it all still astounds me.

Yes, I also regret the lives lost - they were 'collateral damage' in a war declared upon us, but we allowed it to happen. They used our own planes against us and our government watchdogs were sleeping on the job and playing 'secret keep-away' with each other about the prior knowledge.

Lantern Jack - know that I find your post non-offensive, merely food for possible thought.

Remember the movie and stories about how we never actually landed on the moon at all - it was only a hoax made in a movie studio somewhere. Same difference. When we close our minds to the slightest possibility of options kept from us by our leaders we then become no more than robots to the cause.

Thank you, DL Charles and William Haskins. I was actually referring to the 9/11 conspiracy theory film, which was headlining www.aolnews.com when I logged on. And notice that I said nothing about the Twin Towers, but the Pentagon. You see, this was one of the theories that's advanced in the film. Of course, it's funny how everyone expects the whole world to tread on egg shells regarding 9/11, when most Americans display little more than apathy in regards to the millions of lives ruined in the Middle East by our policies. It's a disturbing double standard. And why can Michael Moore accuse President Bush of being a conspiracy theorist, but it's wrong for someone on a message board. It doesn't insult the people who died in 9/11 to suggest the government that let it happens is criminal. Quite to the contrary. If anything, every American who puts Middle Eastern gas into their cars owes the Middle East an apology. You cannot oppose a war, yet enjoy its fruits, and call yourself a conscientious objector or pacifist:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.