Back at it again with the query letters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dancing-drama

Priestly Up!
Registered
Reaction score
Hello hello hello. :)

How is everyone doing?
Me? I'm fine. I'm not going crazy. I'm not checking my phone every five minutes. Noooo. Not me.

It's been three years. (Which is a heck of a long time considering I'm a smol baby of 23 years.) I haven't queried anything in three years, and I don't know what I was thinking back then. That novel seems so horrible now, and I wasn't even that passionate about it. However, I have a YA novel that I've been working on for a while. It's a light horror novel, things get a little gory, but I hope someone out there has a heart for my twisted little story.

Anyway. It's exciting to be querying again. Nerve-wrecking, but exciting. I got my first rejection in a matter of minutes (someone was on top of their slush pile!), so I'm glad that that's out of the way. Now waiting for other responses doesn't feel quite as dreadful.
This feels good. It feels good to be doing "something" other than just stringing words together, wondering if they will ever be read by more people than just my friends/betas.

ETA: Decided to do PitMad. Got requests. Anyone wanna teach me how to write a synopsis?

Last edited:

elizabeth13

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations on the PitMad requests! I'm at the same point where I'm getting ready to query again, and it's extremely exciting. (At risk of telling you what you already know, reading the synopses in SYW has been extremely helpful for me.)

dancing-drama

Priestly Up!
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations on the PitMad requests! I'm at the same point where I'm getting ready to query again, and it's extremely exciting. (At risk of telling you what you already know, reading the synopses in SYW has been extremely helpful for me.)

Thank you! :) The PitMad requests are more frightening than the queries tbh. - The best of luck for your querying process!

And thanks! I hadn't even thought of reading synopses here. I only read the How To-guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.