Seeking: Sci fi/Final Fantasy 6/Tech Topic: Brainwashing using Tech

Roly

silly puppy monster
Registered
Reaction score
I was thinking about Terra Bradford's Slave Crown

latest

I mean Terra was already raised by the Empire so she already would have been complaint, however, apparently not, because they had to use this piece of technology to control her thoughts and force her to do their bidding.

But they did so not through magic but through a piece of technology. I'm in a situation where I need to think about how you might control someone using technology (and not brainwashing techniques, but just technology) and I'm trying to think of how that would work. Like if the 'slave crown' were in a sci fi, how would they explain the science or engineering behind it?

What are the options in general for brainwashing technology? What about brainwashing drugs? Does anyone have good resources (I'm looking for my own on google but just wanted to ask and see if anyone had something I might miss)

Last edited:

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
Have you tried searching for "mind control technology"? :)

Last edited:

Dennis E. Taylor

Get it off! It burns!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Scientists are able to affect a subject's thoughts already by applying a focused magnetic field to a portion of the brain. Extend that, and stimulate the part of the brain that affects a person's ability to make decisions, so that they can't not do what they're told.