PDA

View Full Version : Is Tria a good name for a goddess?

nelehjr
09-02-2016, 07:37 AM
Is there a goddess named Tria already? She's kind of the mother goddess of all.

Glass Valkyrie
09-02-2016, 10:02 AM
I did a quick google search to see what popped up, and what I got was beauty products and hair removal devices. Apparently it's a big brand. Oh, and a United States federal act - "Terrorism Risk Insurance Act." But no goddesses.

It sounds more like an earth-type goddess name (to me), but would probably work for what you want provided you don't mind sharing it with beauty products. I think it's pretty, not considering the other factors.

neandermagnon
09-02-2016, 10:47 AM
I would associate her with the number 3 if there's any chance that the culture that she's from has been influenced by Romans/the Latin language/anything derived from these. Like how "trio" "triple" "three" etc in English comes from Latin. If it's an alien culture or one from part of the world where the language can't have been influenced by Latin then I would ignore the connotation.

There's nothing wrong with the Latin influence if it's applicable - maybe she is associated with the number 3. Many gods/goddesses have associations with all kinds of things, including numbers. If there was a Latin inflence and she was associated in their culture/beliefs with the number 4 (for example) I'd need an explanation as to why.

kuwisdelu
09-02-2016, 04:39 PM
I did a quick google search to see what popped up, and what I got was beauty products and hair removal devices. Apparently it's a big brand.

I basically worship my Tria, sooo yeah makes sense for it to be the name of a goddess.

JenniferLee
09-02-2016, 08:08 PM
It's pretty, and would go well with Gaia or Rhea (both mother / mother earth goddesses). I think it's a very good name.

King Neptune
09-02-2016, 09:53 PM
Almost any name can be good for a Goddess. If you want to use it, then do so.

L. OBrien
09-02-2016, 11:06 PM
I really like it. It's uncommon, easy to pronounce and I could see it working in a variety of settings.

Blinkk
09-02-2016, 11:48 PM

+1

WeaselFire
09-03-2016, 01:42 AM

The Mother Goddess Bob. Okay, maybe, if you look... Nah, that one won't work. Theodore, James and Clyde are probably out too.

Though I have no issues with Tria.

Jeff

King Neptune
09-03-2016, 06:18 PM
The Mother Goddess Bob. Okay, maybe, if you look... Nah, that one won't work. Theodore, James and Clyde are probably out too.

Though I have no issues with Tria.

Jeff

I wrote: "Almost any name can be good for a Goddess," note "almost". But, if a Goddess wishes to be named Bob or Theodore or James or Whatever, that is fine with me.