• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking Critique Partner--Adult Lit-Fic

Status
Not open for further replies.

thisiskortny5

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I'm working on something right now that I would love to be able to share and bounce ideas off of a critique partner as I go. If anyone is currently working on something and would like to do the same, or has something finished they need a beta for, I'm down for either one.

My WIP is a woman reflecting over her life as a teen in the 70s. it goes back and forth between her life then, as a teen, and also when she is a bit older, in her twenties, and a mother. so i guess it's sort of coming-of-age-ish. Phoebe(the MC) is somewhat promiscuous as a teen and her only friend is kind of a bitch, so she gets involved with this group of people that consider themselves witches. I've done a lot Wiccan research for this, and try to stick to it as much as i can, but its a story about how this group of people she befriends get the religion very wrong. they try to be good people, but the main girl of their group is manipulative and somewhat crazy and a lot of bad things happen. there is m/f and also f/f sexual scenes that can get fairly descriptive, but nothing too 50 shades of grey erotic.

sooo. that's a disaster of a pitch if I've ever read one. If i could just let someone read the first chapter before they make an opinion about the story that would be great. Haha. I'm new to writing literary and would love to work with someone who knows that they're doing in that category. Like I said, this is an unfinished story, i'd like to send some chapters as I work, and if you are in the same boat that would be great. But i'll also beta for a finished novel! I'm not a brutal critiquer and I also don't want someone who is. I will tell you what doesn't work and help find ways to fix it, and I'll also rave over what I love about your work. Also, I tend to make lots of comments as i read, just so you know exactly what the reader is thinking at certain parts of the story.

Last edited:

Denevius

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Hello. I just finished the first chapter of my novel. It's about 4000 words. I'll be happy to swap my first chapter with yours, up to about 7,000 words. I'll send you a message.

Status
Not open for further replies.