• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

seeking writing buddy for high fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

mccannx

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am looking for a critique partner. I write fast-moving fantasy with interesting characters (and character dilemmas!) - I've sketched out my character arc and a draft of my first several chapters. Interested to find someone who would like to swap chapters for reviewing. Certain genres work well for me - classic fantasy, urban fantasy, dystopian, sci-fi, thriller, mystery, etc. - not so much in horror or romance.

I am really interested on feedback on my success in developing sympathetic characters, natural dialogue, compelling engaging plot, etc.
Happy to give feedback in a similar vein, or specific to what would be most helpful for you. :)

If you are potentially interested, lets swap a chapter to see if we are a good match, thanks!

Best,
Joe

Last edited:

The Grump

Hates Marketing. Loves Writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mktheodoratus.com
Hey ... I'd be interested in working with you ... but I'm out of sync with your timeline. I'm in the middle of paper edits on a YA novel ... but do have a couple elvish [dare I say that?] projects I want to get back to.

mccannx

Registered
Reaction score
K, do you want to let me know when you are at a good point on your timeline, barring any unforeseen buses, I expect I will be around.

mccannx

Registered
Reaction score
I am still looking for a critique partner. I have been critiquing for the last few years, so I am experienced and supportive. The theme of my story follows my MC, struck by a curse from a fear wraith, now must journey to overcome his fears before the curse kills him. Many of the reviewers liked the cast of strong female characters who support him in his desperate struggle

Last edited:

The Grump

Hates Marketing. Loves Writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mktheodoratus.com
Hey ... I'm finally untangled from the holidays ... medical appointments. Sorry it took me so long to get back. My schedule for 2017 is to write on new stuff and leave the editing for the evenings.

Have an ending on a short story I'd like to get critiqued. Are you still looking for a critque partner? If you want to give it a try you can email me at mkkaytheod - yahoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.