Tesseract - The Search for an Agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightender

Registered
Reaction score
Last week, I started sending query letters for my science fiction novel Tesseract. It's an interplanetary tale focusing on four female characters and I couldn't be more proud of it.

Before I sent the first letter, I decided I would send at least two hundred queries for this novel if that's what it takes to get it published through traditional means. I'm after bookstores and awards with this book. Something deep inside me is determined to get this book in front of as many people as possible.

As of now, I've sent four letters. I've already received one rejection from that quartet.

4/200

I'm just getting started. Anyone have any advice or know of a good place to look into?

PoppysInARow

Book Reviewer y'all
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats congrats! And good luck on your continued journey! You might want to try mswishlist.com and literaryrambles.com, both of which are great resources for finding and researching agents and what they're looking for. querytracker.net and agentquery.com are also great for searching agents based on what they represent.

Hope this helps! Now go rock this thing! :hooray:

Dennis E. Taylor

Get it off! It burns!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Another vote for querytracker. It gives you lists of agents, allows you to winnow them according to whatever criteria you want, tracks when you sent the query, allows you to record rejections...

Lily.M

Bleeds Tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
esymessmith.com
Good luck! Starting the query process is pretty thrilling :) The first rejection is the hardest! Hopefully it won't take 200 queries...

Nightender

Registered
Reaction score
I'm hoping it doesn't take that much either, but it might. Honestly, I believe in this book enough, I'm willing to go even further.

CJMockingbird

Registered
Reaction score
Scifi with four female leads piqued my interest right away. Hang in there ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.