Amazing Live Cams

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I found this Live Web Cam site Explore They have live cams for everything from Bears in Alaska to Killer Whales in the Pacific Northwest and a Tiger sanctuary in Florida. A great way to spend some time.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The live cam site lets you take screen capture pictures. These are a few I've taken

Aug%2030%20Pic%201_zpsm9igw5za.jpg

Aug%2030%20Pic%202_zps4jcgzkhl.jpg

Aug%2029%20pic%202_zpsswbvsc4f.jpg

Aug%2029%20pic%201_zpsd3yttipo.jpg

heza

Registered
Reaction score
This is OT, but the question just popped into my head. If you take screenshots of someone else's live feed... who has the copyright for those shots?

ETA: Like, could I take screenshots from those feeds and use them on my blog?

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I love the Explore cams.

Here are two clips, one incredibly cute and one tragic from the cams:

Grazer's cubs go over the falls. This is the 4 minute version where you can see her leave the cubs on the shore and begin fishing the lip of the falls. Just before minute 2, the first cub tries to follow and goes over the falls. I won't spoil the rest but this is the adorable clip.

This is the tragic clip of an eagle taking a fledgling from the Osprey nest. The one parent is just a few seconds too late. It took a day but the fledgling that took off made it back to the nest. That was his first flight. So two survived and are doing fine.

Sad, but it is life and eagles are really cool birds too, so what are you going to do?

The bear, Grazer, has the cutest cubs. One is a lot smaller than the other two. It's her first litter. Here's more about her: 2016 Bear Profile: 128 Grazer. She tends to bring them to the falls later in the day but I haven't seen her in a couple days.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This is OT, but the question just popped into my head. If you take screenshots of someone else's live feed... who has the copyright for those shots?

ETA: Like, could I take screenshots from those feeds and use them on my blog?

Not that I'm sure, or an expert, but I would think in a case like these live cams, they fall under fair usage.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What a cool link! Thanks for posting it.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I love the Explore cams.

Here are two clips, one incredibly cute and one tragic from the cams:

Grazer's cubs go over the falls. This is the 4 minute version where you can see her leave the cubs on the shore and begin fishing the lip of the falls. Just before minute 2, the first cub tries to follow and goes over the falls. I won't spoil the rest but this is the adorable clip.

This is the tragic clip of an eagle taking a fledgling from the Osprey nest. The one parent is just a few seconds too late. It took a day but the fledgling that took off made it back to the nest. That was his first flight. So two survived and are doing fine.

Sad, but it is life and eagles are really cool birds too, so what are you going to do?

The bear, Grazer, has the cutest cubs. One is a lot smaller than the other two. It's her first litter. Here's more about her: 2016 Bear Profile: 128 Grazer. She tends to bring them to the falls later in the day but I haven't seen her in a couple days.

Not going to watch the poor fledgling, but you can almost hear those cubs going "woooooooooo" as they go over the falls.

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
The best part of the bear video is what looks like mom's double takes and annoyance at having to stop the fishing to deal with her little troublemakers. I so related to her. :greenie