PDA

View Full Version : Wrestling experts

josephperin
08-26-2016, 07:07 AM
Any wrestling experts here? I need someone to read a short scene and point out problems with the moves. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

ElaineA
08-26-2016, 07:47 AM
uhhh, I'm a wrestling mom, but I'm sure my son would take a look. (If you don't get any better offers.)

josephperin
08-26-2016, 07:55 AM
uhhh, I'm a wrestling mom, but I'm sure my son would take a look. (If you don't get any better offers.)
Thanks so much. PMing you in a second.

Ariella
08-26-2016, 08:51 AM
Are the characters employing a particular style of wrestling, e.g. Greco-Roman, sumo, WWE, folk wrestling from a particular part of the world, etc.?

josephperin
08-26-2016, 09:08 AM
Are the characters employing a particular style of wrestling, e.g. Greco-Roman, sumo, WWE, folk wrestling from a particular part of the world, etc.?

Thanks. The scene doesn't involve a match. I just needed to make sure the moves are physically possible.

GeorgeK
08-26-2016, 05:33 PM
The, "moves," don't necessarily have the same names in different places. My specialties were the backdrop and the guillotine. I wrestled in high school but college rules were too dangerous for me. They allowed the back suplee...maybe it's suplay? Big risk of broken neck.

What kind of moves do you want?

Ariella is right. There are many variations of rules and they get more dangerous as you get to higher levels of competition. WWE isn't wrestling though. It's Nascar fan opera. It's athletic. It's gymnastic. It's entertainment. But it's not wrestling.