Wrestling experts

josephperin

Registered
Reaction score
Any wrestling experts here? I need someone to read a short scene and point out problems with the moves. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ariella

Registered
Reaction score
Are the characters employing a particular style of wrestling, e.g. Greco-Roman, sumo, WWE, folk wrestling from a particular part of the world, etc.?

josephperin

Registered
Reaction score
Are the characters employing a particular style of wrestling, e.g. Greco-Roman, sumo, WWE, folk wrestling from a particular part of the world, etc.?

Thanks. The scene doesn't involve a match. I just needed to make sure the moves are physically possible.

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score
The, "moves," don't necessarily have the same names in different places. My specialties were the backdrop and the guillotine. I wrestled in high school but college rules were too dangerous for me. They allowed the back suplee...maybe it's suplay? Big risk of broken neck.

What kind of moves do you want?

Ariella is right. There are many variations of rules and they get more dangerous as you get to higher levels of competition. WWE isn't wrestling though. It's Nascar fan opera. It's athletic. It's gymnastic. It's entertainment. But it's not wrestling.

Last edited: