• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

YA Writing Friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I'm seeking a YA writing friend. Not really a beta, but just someone to toss ideas around, maybe swap our first couple of chapters. I'm really knowledgeable in YA agents and YA publishers (which ones give advances, which ones are reputable, which ones to stay clear of.)

My favorite genre is mystery/suspense. I also love thrillers and horror novels too. Most of all, I'm looking for someone to help motivate me to keep going. Right now I'm on my 9th novel. I was lucky to have 4 published, but my other 4 have been hard to sell. I keep trying. I get like a rejection a day. lol Some bites on some things, but usually it's a rejection afterwards. So one step ahead and two steps back.

Anyway, if you're interested, please PM me. I look forward to hear from you!

blankspace

best viewed in 3D.
Registered
Reaction score
Hi! So I'm totally a newbie writer, working on my first YA book, so that's freaking awesome you're on your 9th book!! I'm writing in the YA slightly futuristic/dystopian/suspense genre. Let me know if you would be interested in a swap for a few chapters!

green1012red

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is too late to reply or not, but I'm also looking for a YA friend, someone to bounce ideas off of. I'm attempting my first novel, though I've dabbled in writing for years and have good technical skills. I'm still in the beginnings of my novel. It's a YA urban fantasy. Let me know if you'd like to chat and see whether it would work out.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, Green I'm still interested. Send me a PM when you can and tell me about your book.

And for anyone else interested in having a YA writing friend, I'm open to read just about anything now. Not really into sci-fi though.

Status
Not open for further replies.