• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

YA Urban Fantasy with Romantic Suspense- 78k words

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLmartin

Registered
Reaction score
I'm new here (first day, in fact), so hopefully I'm doing this right. I need a few more beta readers for my novel before I proceed with my final draft revision. My editor is still in the process of editing it, so there will be editorial/grammatical issues. However, I'm ONLY looking for someone who's willing to give it a read and provide feedback from a reader's perspective--nothing as complex as an edit.

Sneak Peek (first page of MS) is below:

"It was like clockwork: the rise and fall of her chest, the splash when she’d disappear beneath the water, and that frustrated sigh that rang clear across the sand, straight into his attentive ears when she’d come up for air. Over, and over again. For months, he had watched the human–so much so, he could flawlessly recite her daily routine, exact jogging routes, or favorite foods. He could describe with impeccable detail the three, smallest specks of birthmarks behind her neck, which were only revealed when she’d tie her brown waves back before a run. Yet, it wasn’t until recently that he’d finally figured it out.

Centuries of unbacked rumors, of individuals anxiously awaiting at even just the prospect of its return. None of the brutal rampages and bloody fatalities he and his kind had witnessed–or caused– in the past, could come close to the chaos that would inevitably ensue should she be discovered.

Perhaps the wildest facet of all was, she didn’t even know. The girl was entirely oblivious to just how much her life was about to change.

One, two, three, four… Cool, salted water dripped into my eyes as I silently counted down the seconds. Five, six, seven, eight. I inhaled sharply, preparing myself. Nine, ten. Now. I dunk my head beneath the waves, flipping my body and diving head first toward the bottom. I was already losing it, bubbles escaping through my nostrils, when my fingers flicked over the sand and I raced desperately back to the top. I let out a loud gasp as the wind hit my face, clicking my stopwatch instantaneously. Still over a minute. I rolled my eyes up at the sky for the nineteenth time that morning. Enough. I was beat, and proceeded toward the shore. My fingers were stiff, making it difficult to wrap the burgundy towel around my body.

I knew I was slipping, and not just physically."

Synopsis and more data is available at my website: www.officialtlmartin.com. If you're into witches, vampires, demons, light romance, or YA, then you might be into this. I'd love to offer an exchange and beta read for you in return, but unfortunately I will not be able to provide your work with the dedication it deserves for a few more weeks, until I complete the other two novels I'm already mid beta reading.

Please send me your email address if interested and I'll shoot it over :) Thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.