How do you use Goodreads for promotion?

muddy120

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I've been researching on this site different ways for promotion and everything and I've been liking the information I've read. A common one I constantly keep seeing mentioned is Goodreads which is great cause I love goodreads to but I don't think I fully understand that site all too well either. How do you promote your published book on goodreads? I went through the groups and found say one or two places to post a book promotion by genre of the book but after that I fell flat, I have no idea what to do next on there hence me asking this question to you all here now. I just feel I may be ignorant and don't know about some methods or information on there that the community here may know so that's my question here for the day, thank you.

Marissa D

Scribe of the girls in the basement
Registered
Reaction score
New England but hankering for the old one
Website
www.marissadoyle.com
I'm a member of both Goodreads and LibraryThing...and I'm convinced that the best way to promote there is not to promote, but be an active member--list your books, participate in groups, be a decent and friendly human being. Make sure all your author information is there on your profile, yes. Have your blog point to your author page on Goodreads, yes. Participate in their book giveaways and other special programs when you've got a new release, absolutely. But for any other interaction on the sites, take off your author hat, put on your reader hat, and don't be a dick. :D

That's what I do, anyway.

muddy120

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a member of both Goodreads and LibraryThing...and I'm convinced that the best way to promote there is not to promote, but be an active member--list your books, participate in groups, be a decent and friendly human being. Make sure all your author information is there on your profile, yes. Have your blog point to your author page on Goodreads, yes. Participate in their book giveaways and other special programs when you've got a new release, absolutely. But for any other interaction on the sites, take off your author hat, put on your reader hat, and don't be a dick. :D

That's what I do, anyway.

How do you identify your an author on goodreads and select your book to show on your profile, I havent figured that part out yet.

WriterBN

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.k-doyle.com
I'm a member of both Goodreads and LibraryThing...and I'm convinced that the best way to promote there is not to promote, but be an active member--list your books, participate in groups, be a decent and friendly human being.

^This. It takes time and effort, but it's the only way to go.