PDA

View Full Version : Looking for sensitivity/accuracy readers on a long list of topics

Katharine Tree
08-11-2016, 07:55 PM
Hi everyone: I am almost ready to send my WIP novel to beta readers. It is a historical, with a romantic adventure-type plot, and looks like it will clock in around 105K-115K words (it is 104K right now).

Its plot and characters touch on lots of topics I knew very little about, so I'm throwing this out there: if YOU know about anything listed below and are willing to beta read the book's relevant part, let me know! I will reciprocate. Thank you!

-Postcolonial United States (1795)
-Philadelphia and Pittsburgh at that time
-Montreal at that time
-the area around Edmonton, Alberta at that time

-French language and culture in Montreal
-Icelandic language and culture
-Highland Scottish language and culture
-Culture & patter of Scottish settlers in Appalachia
-Woodland Cree language and culture

-cleft lip
-the Canadian fur trade, of the voyageurs/Grand Portage/North West Company variety
-banking and currency exchange in America at that time
-the Whiskey Rebellion

Thank you so much in advance!

GailK
08-19-2016, 06:00 PM
Very familiar with post-colonial USA as well as the Whiskey Rebellion. I'll offer help. Perhaps you would like to return the favor by critiquing my chapter on the Whiskey Rebellion. I think you'll learn a lot from it. It's exhaustively researched.

I'm new here, so I don't know if your return message to me will be forwarded to my email. If you don't hear back from me, please contact me through www.americandelusion.org After you click on the picture to enter the site, you will find a general contact email link.