Overly sentimental about something ridiculous?

Tazlima

Registered
Reaction score
So I have some potted plants in my office. I know this is completely silly, but whenever it's rainy outside I water them a bit so they won't feel left out.

I can't be the only one who does stuff like this, and I'd love to hear your stories.

Last edited:

InsomniaShark

Registered
Reaction score
So I have some potted plants in my office. I know this is completely silly, but whenever it's rainy outside I water them a bit so they won't feel left out.

I can't be the only one who does stuff like this, and I'd love to hear your stories.

That's super sweet. ^_^

I buy my car Christmas and birthday presents so that she doesn't feel left out. (I treat my car like a dog/person in several ways. =X)

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score

Heh, I do this. Well, they're on the kitchen windowsill but I feel badly when it's raining and they can 'see' and 'smell' it but they're not out in it, so if I'm in there when it's raining I water them.

I talk to the vacuum sometimes. It's a canister type, so gets hooked on a chair or tips sideways and I'll be all 'oops, sorry,' or 'oh, could you just follow along properly for once?'

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My husband gave me two stuffed animals, which I kiss and put to bed every night. And I'm sixty years old.

PyriteFool

Registered
Reaction score
My husband gave me two stuffed animals, which I kiss and put to bed every night. And I'm sixty years old.

Never feel any shame. This is beautiful.

When the car was in an accident we had to get the stuff we wanted out, and the things I grabbed where the stuffed animal that guards the dashboard and the teddy bear I had in the trunk. And left behind the EZ Pass. Priorities.

I also play with the neighbor's cat through the glass pane of the door. And occasionally their window.