• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Writing Buddy NEEDED (critiquing) YA Fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Arlandria

Registered
Reaction score
Hai! I really would love to have a writing buddy/Mentor to help me build on my new novel that's in progress. I have issues with grammatical errors and just wondering if what I'm writing is even good. I'm not a very experienced writer, I'm definitely young. But, I love what I do. And practice makes perfect.
I'm currently writing a novel about a teenage girl named, Rian. She is the kind of girl you wish you could be, she takes risks and is amazing at everything. She's the star football player for her high school team and life is going perfectly for her. Until, she finds out she's sick. This is the ultimate challenge for her and this sickness makes her world go upside down in a matter of days. It's definitely a teen fiction and if you're not bothered by reading it and helping out then I would love to work with you.
I'm really interested in teen fiction, mystery, romance, historical fiction, chick-lit, paranormal, adventure, and supernatural books. So, anything like that I will want to read. I'm the honest type so if there is something in your story that I don't think is as good as it should be then I'll let you know. I want to focus on improving both of our pieces so honesty is key. I'd love if you would equally be honest with my work. Constructive criticism is very important . If you're interested in being my writing buddy don't be shy to reply.

Last edited:

Lalochezia

Registered
Reaction score
Hey there,

I am interested in reviewing for you because grammar and spelling are my specialty. I am German and therefore not a native but as a language learner one has to acquire these things through practice and I consider myself very secure in these areas. How many words does your story have?

I have betaed for writers in another online community but I am relatively new to the world of writing. I have been writing several romance novels for three years but only finished three so far.
I have almost finished my first epistolary contemporary romance novel. 60k net, that is without the time stamps in the emails and text messages. Franzi, a 25-year old woman, unhappy in her relationship but unable to let go, meets 31-year old Hendrik at a friend's wedding party. She is not conventionally pretty but striking in her own way whereas Hendrik is obese but popular and happy with his life. They begin e-mailing.
I seek feedback on plot holes, character believability and reader friendliness (do the e-mails, text messages etc. guide the reader sufficiently or does one feel lost?).

If that sounds like something which would interest you, I would love to hear from you.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I guess I could give it a try if you're still looking. I write YA fiction too. I have a YA horror novel I'm working on, if you're interested, let me know. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.