PDA

View Full Version : A Portrait for Shy

Justin K
08-04-2016, 08:30 AM
Hi everyone,

Perhaps you've seen parts of this story in the SYW or elsewhere, but here and now A Portrait for Shy is ready for a beta reader! I'm really looking for someone who is interested in reading because they love the premise, and not solely to have their own work read (not to say I won't swap, I like doing critiques). This is a short 53k ya/na contemporary with more twists than a pretzel farm. Set in Vermont, it's narrated by Jared Sedgwick, an artist whose life revolves around his old girlfriend, his new girlfriend, his best friend Stan and an extreme case of denial. Cat haters need not respond.

Lalochezia
08-09-2016, 10:41 AM
Hello,

I am interested in beta-reading your story for you, only I would like to know a little more about the genre first. It sounds a bit like humorous romance. A cat is always a bonus ;)

I have betaed for writers in another online community but I am relatively new to the world of writing. Also, I am German and therefore not a native but I consider myself secure in grammar and spelling. If that does not deter you, I would like to hear back from you.
Would you be interested in reading my epistolary contemparary romance novel? 60k net, that is without the time stamps in the emails and text messages.

Iris, 32, Germany

Twick
08-10-2016, 08:27 PM
I'd be willing to take a look at it. Your excerpts have been intriguing.