Monster Hunter Generations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cernex

Registered
Reaction score
So, who's busy hunting monsters on the 3DS?

*Raises hand*

Currently playing offline (promised some friends I would only go online with them so the game would actually last longer) and jeebus, so many missions. This is going to be FUN (except when gathering or fishing is involved).

Haven't tried the Palico mode yet. Trying to get a good armor before I do.

aprettytruestory

eating my words
Registered
Reaction score
I want this game so bad, but I'm in the middle of finishing MH4 (I know, I'm way behind). I've actually played the MH series since the beginning (waaaay back on the PlayStation 2, when it was like of 3 games to have online play). It really is an amazing series; definitely one of my favorites. It looks like at least one of the original areas is back, and several monsters too. Hoping to pick this up in November during a sale or something :)

Cernex

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I'm several weeks in (as you can probably tell) and I can tell you its totally worth it. The new Palico mode (aka "Prowler mode") is a lot of fun. I like the fact it isn't a reskin of the hunter mode with a Palico, but the mechanics are totally different. Multiplayer is still a blast, so if you're big into that, you should totally buy it. Offline's story is a bit... meh, but at least it has plenty of new characters to keep it interesting. Then again, rarely does one play MH for the story, I know.

HOWEVER, word of warning. This is the vanilla version. I didn't know until I had already bought it (silly, I know.). What this means is that basically this has no G Rank. Only Low and High... and that's it. Odds are there's going to be some DLC and Events to keep it interesting, but yeah... if you're in the middle of MH4 (still), maybe you should wait until Generations G, since that's actually going to be the full game (should take a year or so. That's the time it takes in Japan.)

But hey, if you do need your MH fix after 4 and Generations G hasn't appeared yet, do get it. It has online missions up the butt, xD

Status
Not open for further replies.