What's your footprint?

ASeiple

Livin' la vida biblia
Registered
Reaction score
No, not your shoe size. I'm asking about how many people it takes to get one of your books from concept to finish. What's your business footprint?

I suppose we could also include special resources in there. Hardware, specialized software programs, etc.

For me, it takes a team of about seven people. Me as the author, of course. The cover artist doing his thing. Then four beta readers, on average, and finally the editor.

The artist has his tools and whatnot but I don't care about those. I pay his fee, he takes care of his tools, everyone's happy. The editor gets paid as well. The beta readers are volunteers.

I don't really require any specialized hardware software. I've got a decent computer with an internet connection and Openoffice. I did take the time to set up a template so I don't have to rewrite anything to convert the finished document into a .mobi file, but that's about all.

What's your setup? How many people in your A-team?

Last edited:

Tavia

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
For my erotica shorts -- two. Me as the author and cover designer, plus one beta reader. Generally it's a different beta each time, and I swap for them. In a couple exceptional instances I've skipped the beta read.

Programs/tools/resources: laptop + internet, google docs, Word, my hoard of stock photos and design resources, Photoshop, drawing tablet, Draft2Digital to create the pdf and epubs, Adobe Reader to check the pdf proof, another program I forget the name of to check the epub, and my iPad with the Kindle app to check the mobi.

Dhewco

Registered
Reaction score
For Humanity, it took five. I think. Author, cover designer and three beta readers. They didn't work on the whole thing, but they helped out in parts.