• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking Critique Partner for Crime Novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

SageChild

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for a critique partner who can read crime and mystery. I'm most helpful with these genres, as well as Thriller and Literary Fiction. Romance, Fantasy or Apocalyptic work is not my strong suite, but romantic subplots are completely alright.

My wordcount is at 60k but I'm willing to read much more.

The gist: A friendship between Carrie and her employer, Everton, forms when she joins his criminal organisation to find her missing husband, regardless of the fatal reasons she was hired.

I'm looking for feedback on the overall mystery. I want to make sure the reader is satisfied with the ending, and can realise what the answers are.

Please comment or PM me if interested :)

Last edited:

pizza

Registered
Reaction score
Hi SageChild! I would love to swap with you. My novel is crime/mystery related in a way and sitting at ~90k words. I know it's quite a bit longer than yours, but I would still love to discuss these things with you if you haven't found anyone else yet. I do want to preface this with that my story does have pretty heavy religious themes that I'm afraid borders on sacrilegious (which is one of my concerns and why I'm looking for beta readers), as well as a couple of graphic scenes. If content doesn't bother you, I'd really like to work with you :)

SageChild

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm looking for interested beta readers again. Please let me know if interested. :)

DarienW

Registered
Reaction score
Hi SageChild, are you still looking for a critique partner. I've got a thriller I'd love to share, and chapter by chapter is fine with me.

I've been told I have a knack for dialogue by beta readers, and would love to help. It would be especially wonderful as your focus is Mystery!

I'm new here, just signed up looking for a critique partner. My book is longer, 100k, but is very fast paced with Multiple first person POVs.

It's also a sequel to my first book, but it's a stand-alone, and I'd love to share it with someone who hasn't read the first book just in case there's
things that are unclear.

Let me know!

Darien

Status
Not open for further replies.