• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Need Beta readers for a Fantasy/anime story

What do you think of "24 DS"?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugarp1e1

Registered
Reaction score
I need some people to read and evaluate my story, 24 DS, for me. I'll include the link at the end. Just so you know, it's not finished yet. I hit Writer's Block at Chapter 5 and have no idea how to continue.

I'm going to publish my story on DeviantArt.

I'm willing to accept any feedback from anybody with experience in writing.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-F7tuQcAfkdH0l3ioq6oFxHn3xtzVTbjc9L1_I3Zx8A

Last edited:
Reaction score
Website
www.ihateyouall.com
One of the things I always try to impress upon new writers is to consider, strongly, to avoid writing in the first person. At least when your starting out, because you can limit your world and the events in it to the perception of one mind. Which can narrow, context, conversation, and personalities.

However, I've always told myself that I believe writing to be the purest form of acting. So if your really wanting to get into the head of a character, and you feel comfortable writing from inside it, then by all means rock with it.

It's not really my genera Sugarp1e1, so I wouldn't want to offer content advice. But I hope your story does well, and you enjoyed writing it. Good Luck!

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Sugarp1e1, and welcome to AW.

I see from your New Members thread that you've already been informed about the Share Your Work subforum and what's considered proper etiquette here as far as asking for help without offering anything in return. Another point to consider is that people are often reluctant to click on unknown links, particularly if the poster is an equally unknown quantity. For that reason, I won't click on your link - too risky.

If you're unwilling to spend the time accruing your 50 posts so you can start your own thread in Share Your Work, there are two places where you can post shorter excerpts for critique without the 50 posts. One is in the Post Your First Three Sentences game (read the rules on Page 1 of the thread, then read some of the more recent posts to get an idea of what to expect). The other is in the Fantasy SYW section, in the Hook Me in 200 Words or Less thread (again, read the rules and some of the recent posts before diving in).

A caution: be absolutely certain you're ready for crits. A lot of people who come here asking for critiques are really just looking for validation, and get angry and hurt when critters find fault with their prose.

Last edited:

Sugarp1e1

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for that!

I posted my first three sentences on that thread, but the other thread is asking for a password.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for that!

I posted my first three sentences on that thread, but the other thread is asking for a password.

The password for the Share Your Work section is vista. Again, you can participate in all the threads in SYW, but you can't start one for your own work until you've got the requisite 50 posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.