Rape of Nanking

LloydBrown

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lloydwrites.com
I have a character who was there as a Japanese soldier, if my working assumptions hold up.

I could use some info on the structure of the Japanese army. Training and organization would be nice. Equipment.

As I understand it, there was no discipline by the Japanese against any of the troops involved. One general was reassigned and another got nothing.

Who investigated afterward? I know there were European and (I believe) American expats there at the time.

P-Baker

---------
Registered
Reaction score

Trebor1415

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
A question about the training, organization, and equipment of the late 1930's Japanese army is very, very broad. At what level of details are you asking? General organization and structure of the army? How the higher HQ's operated? Or more "boots on the ground" low level tactical stuff at the Company, Platoon, or Squad level?

I recommend some general research on the early war Japanese army first so you can narrow it down a bit. Right now you are essentially asking for a book length response.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
John Rabe's diaries, published as "The Good Man of Nanking" are harrowing testimony. He was the man who created - or tried to create - the Safety Zone - and, out-of-touch as he was, (he had left Germany years before and not seen clearly the direction Nazism had been going along) kept writing to Hitler to tell him what was happening and expecting him to intervene.