PDA

View Full Version : Information on Africa

Kinzel
07-21-2016, 03:33 AM
I made another post about the same story a few days ago, asking for information on poaching, and now I have another, more difficult question. I am writing a story regarding poaching from an African wild dog's point of view. Knowing how loyal and dedicated African wild dogs are to their families, I have sent my character Amala on a long journey through Africa in search of his family (His mate has been poached and his pups have been sold into the illegal pet trade down in South Africa). African wild dogs live in the sub-saharan region of Africa, and as said, I need him to travel down to South Africa. I am aware that this will take him a while all things considering. I am aiming for possibly one-two years(keep in mind there will be challenges that will make the journey longer across the way) in all. So, which area of the sub-saharan region would be best for this situation?

To get a head-start on my research, I am also looking for information on the different areas he would have to trek across. For example, the cultures? Civilizations? Any area-specific challenges he would have to face? I want to get as much information as possible before I write a word, but all the information out there is a bit daunting, so I'm hoping giving you the main things I need would be a massive help. This way I can atleast know if I'm headed in the right direction.

Siri Kirpal
07-21-2016, 09:54 PM
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

GailD is from South Africa. You might try PMing her.

I believe the African wild dogs are savannah animals, so I'd look at Kenyan tribes: Masai, Meru, Kikuyu. (I may be mixing up the name for the language with the names for the last two tribes.)

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal