PDA

View Full Version : cover feedback

Gregg Bell
07-13-2016, 04:43 AM
It's a suspense novel. Thanks.

https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/fc03/rz99npbcvgqcpev6g.jpg

MaeZe
07-13-2016, 04:45 AM
Just the color green font, I'd pick a different color. Otherwise it looks good to my untrained eye.

alleycat
07-13-2016, 04:48 AM
Are you open to suggestions?

Glass Valkyrie
07-13-2016, 05:15 AM
I agree that the green does not fit well with the rest of the cover. Another thing to possibly consider is maybe toning down the red a little. It is super bright, at least to me.

Southpaw
07-13-2016, 04:13 PM
I too think the green font is out of place. I also agree with toning down the red. The whole cover being so bright turns me away; it also reads more horror than suspense.

Undercover
07-13-2016, 04:44 PM
A blue background would go better with a suspense novel. I like the gun and the cross on top of it. It's fitting with the title.

CindyGirl
07-13-2016, 04:45 PM
Yes change the green font and tone down the red, but only in the background. Leave the brighter red for the cross.

Gregg Bell
07-13-2016, 08:53 PM
Just the color green font, I'd pick a different color. Otherwise it looks good to my untrained eye.

Thanks a lot. Yes, I will get rid of the green.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you open to suggestions?

Yes.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree that the green does not fit well with the rest of the cover. Another thing to possibly consider is maybe toning down the red a little. It is super bright, at least to me.

Thanks. Agree with both of those suggestions.

Gregg Bell
07-13-2016, 08:56 PM
I too think the green font is out of place. I also agree with toning down the red. The whole cover being so bright turns me away; it also reads more horror than suspense.

Thanks. I will tone down the red. I thought about the horror thing (with the red) but I did that to avoid people thinking that it would be a churchy, smarmy kind of book, which it is not.

- - - Updated - - -

A blue background would go better with a suspense novel. I like the gun and the cross on top of it. It's fitting with the title.

Thanks. I'll try the blue and see what it looks like.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes change the green font and tone down the red, but only in the background. Leave the brighter red for the cross.

Thanks. I like that idea (of the two-tone red). I'll give it a try.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL I have no idea how to reply to these things individually!